I need to buy a sound system, need help

Discussion in 'Community' started by funkywhat2, Jun 27, 2003.

1. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Normally I would do this myself, but now I just don't have the time to check out stores, so I ask you all for help. I'm looking to buy a Micro System, for my room. I'd like something decent, and not too pricey (however, if everyone says good things about a certain product, and it's too expensive, I may give it a look.) I would like one with just a CD player, and a tuner, obviously. The system need not be too powerful, since I don't listen to music all that loudly.

Any help would be... err... helpful. :)

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I can help, I personally own the Rio EX1000 from Sonicblue, its a mini system but has the most power out of all of them that I could find, 120watts to be exact and the speakers have built in subs, the sound is honestly really awesome and almost everyone that has come over has made a comment like "wow that thing sounds really good for a micro...etc.." Though you don't listen to the music that loudly it will be a big plus. It plays mp3 cd's and you can hook it up to your tv or use your iPod with it (some of the smaller shelf systems actually do not have aux jacks etc.) I bought mine from best buy, right now I think they go for about $160-180.

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

forgot the pic.

Attached Files:

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I was looking for a micro system that I could use also as a speaker system for my Mac. Well, this machine seemed like the best deal.

It plays MP3 and WMA (not that you would need that!), has a 5 CD changer, and they have an amplifier for both the speaker and the tweeter, producing much less tinny sound. Overall, in a relatively small studio (15x10 feet), it sounds great.

[​IMG]