Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
I'd like to be able to find out my internet usage for a given time period, in number of bytes transferred (in and out). I'm about to take a road trip and I'll be surfing on my iBook via a USB connection to my Sprint phone. Since this is an unsupported feature, I don't want to call attention to myself by using enormous gobs of bandwidth. (Plus, my kids will be using this too.)

Is there an application that can give me this information?

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Using Activity Monitor, you can track how many bytes and whatnot you use. The numbers are cleared up upon a restart, so you may want to restart your computer, turn on the Internet via your cell phone, and keep track via Activity Monitor's Network tab. I don't know how well this would work, but it is just a suggestion. Keep us posted...:)

xov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
Thanks, that should work. I guess I was hoping for a little app that would keep track so that I could go back and find out how much data was sent/received in any given time period. Oh well ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.