I need to Max out my PB12"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macs R Us, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2004
    Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I got my PB 12" but I need to fine ram to Max it out from 256 to the Max... Its a NEED not a want... Any ideas, where to get one cheap?
  2. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    etc etc
  3. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

Apr 21, 2004
    Can you say Chi-City??
    Depending on how much of a risk you want to take, you can get varying prices for RAM. Try looking around www.ramseeker.com. People on the forums here steered me away from sites like 18004Memory.com, even though at this very second, a 1GB stick is $245 from them. Crucial, on the otherhand, is selling gig sticks for $479.99... It's really about how much you want to risk. OS X is picky with RAM and if you order from some sites, they might send you bad RAM and/or have a crappy (or nonexistent) warranty program. Be wise when shopping for RAM and have fun maxing out your 12", that will be a sweet machine.
  4. advres Guest

Oct 3, 2003
    I would check DealRam. When I was looking for memory for my 15" I checked that site and it showed a very wide price difference. In the long run I thought it better to go with a reputable company (OWC) and pay a little more than deal with headaches later.

Well I immediately had problems and after installing the chips so I called their tech support line. They determined that one of the chips I got was bad and they overnighted me a new chip no questions asked!

I have dealt with Other World on many occasions and have been 100% satisfied with their customer service, quality, and price. Oh ya, and I talked to someone who spoke english and I was on hold for a maximum of 2-3 minutes.

just my $.02
  5. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    test your nerves

I found this link in another thread. It's for a 1 gig stick for PB's from Fry's for $159. If you're willing to try it, I would be curious to how well it works.