I Need Your Help Fast

Discussion in 'Community' started by sach504, Jan 5, 2003.

1. sach504 macrumors member

i need help fast!!!!
    i need to do some book reports...on books.
    they have to include like a sumary of the book and some major events ect.... so if you could post some information on books you have read like main charecters, summary of the story, and some major events that happen in the book( preferably two major events) it would help me out soooo much! PLEASE HELP!
    also include the auther, title, number of pages, ect....

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Shall someone just right the whole thing for you? :rolleyes:

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

At least they're not asking for a new iBook :) (For those who remember Travis...)

4. Steradian macrumors 6502

well

you could watch a movie based on the book, and record main characters etc your self. Have you see LOTR or TTT? that would be pretty simple. In TTT their is contrast between the technoloigist and the eviromentalists or i think thier is.... :) happy hunting

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

What a bummer. Let me guess: You waited until the very last day of winter break to start your report. Now your hosed, right? Because it is due tomorrow?

6. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I could help you but... is the computer manual consider a book?:D

Do a paper about Cruel Intentions (the one with Sarah Michelle Gellar) and find out the real name of the book.

You can do it with Great Expectations (the guy who falls in love with this bad girl). There is a South Park Version too.

You have where to choose from, it is not complicated.

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

ill help you out. go to gradesaver.com and pick a book your teacher probably hast read. you can also get a lot of info from reading user comments on amazon.com. i am warning you, from being in high school and having lots of experience in not doing actual book reports,hehe. make sure you pick a book your teacher probably hasnt read. but gradesaver.com will contain many famous books and their summarys and chapter by chapter information. basically cliff notes.

iJon

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sorry, can't help you out.

You could have gone the books on tape route, but it's probably too late now.

9. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

harry potter, also.

and tom clancy novel movies....and jurassic park and such

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

If you try writing a book report from a movie, be prepared to get caught, as movies (even LOTR and harry potter) stray from the books. usually they leave out entire subplots.

Reading is the one school-related activity i think should be encouraged, and there's no reason for you to not have done this. It's just going to allow you to remain ignorant for longer in life. So screw math, screw gym, start reading.

My advice would be to come clean with the teacher and say you haven't finished the book yet, and ask for an extension.

pnw

11. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Is there a reason you posted this at macrumors.com instead of lazyhighschoolers.com, icheat.com, igotzmeanedumacation.com, or videogamesaremoreimportantthanknowledge.com?

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yes he is right but depending on what grade you are in most teachers wouldnt accept that. your gonna have to take a zero, come clean with the teacher and hope to get an externsion, or write something up tonight real quick. personally i would write something real quick so you dont get a zero and just make this up next time around.

iJon

13. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

heh, travis...
    anyway, may i recommend www.sparknotes.com. they've been pretty good to me in the past. i know how you feel, i have a bio science fair project due friday, i just started growing the plants the other day. :rolleyes:

14. Choppaface macrumors 65816

ask for an extension or take a zero.... cheating isn't worth it

15. howard macrumors 68020

howard

well i hope you don't "right" (write) it for him...
    just joking around, btw i like your avatar

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

At least there were no jokers in the crowd offering to send book reports designed to get students arrested and/or sent to the shrink for years. ;)

17. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

dammit, now what am i gonna do with this half-written book review of Lolita?

hrm.
    pnw

18. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: I Need Your Help Fast

ok first of all whats your reading level?

i t would suck to do a report on a book your teacher KNOWS you couldnt read, due to time constraints(war and peace)
    i will be glad to help, i know the position. (pm me if you want some info or aim)
    and evryone here must have "cheated" at some time or another, i know ive done it, to make up for it you should go out and read the book afterwards, that way you arnt compleatly "cheating"just streaching the truth ;)
    lay off the guy/gal he/she is just trying to get through school ;)

19. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Cliff notes. they're old school, but they rock. you only have to read the first paragraph of the cliff notes to get a sense of the main points and plots. just go hang out at borders for the day.

20. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I've just read a book by Sony's CEO Nobuyuki Idei.
    Good book.

But it's in Japanese :D