I Need Your Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by parkour, Dec 9, 2006.

1. parkour macrumors newbie

Hi am am using a version 10.4.6 mac lap top. Its a ibook G4.

I have a problem with my finder. I downloaded this thing for me to make simple mac games and it download great. But then when i used the scuffit expander to open the box it went well. Then i accidently did it again then everything got slow. So i tried dragging the seccond folder to the trash and my whole icons on my finder like disapeared then came back each time i clicked on this. So i restarted my computer and bam i have no finder. When i hit apple key with the tab it doesnt even show my finder.

So if someone can help me to try to recover my finder i will really appreciate it.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Congratulations, the 3,000th post entitled "* .Help. *"
    Welcome to MR - you'll find you will get better results if you make your thread title relevant to your question.

Step one is to restart your machine with the OSX CD/DVD in, while holding the "C" key down. Go to the installer menu, choose Disk Utiliity and do a Repair Disk.
    Report back to us.

Please also provide more detail
    What was the name of the folder you dragged to the trash?
    What was it you downloaded?
    What do you see onscreen? Do you see the Dock? Do you see your Desktop picture/pattern? Do you see the hard drive icon?

3. parkour thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, the folder i tried to drag to the trash was called GameMaker Demo393.
    It was somthing i downloaded of softpedia because i wanted to make a simple game.
    My no icon shows on my desktop and neither does the hd icon not show and i can see my doc. Also it displays my pattern or i think the it does. Its the nature one so...
    I have not done the disk/dvd thing yet.