I need your help proving a Windows user...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mjstew33, Oct 5, 2005.

1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Ok, so I'm getting an iMac G5 because I have a feeling that my iBook's life is going to be dramatically decreased if I keep bringing it to school (divorced parents - I go to the opposite parent every day). I need your help to prove to my Dad that the iMac G5 2GHz PowerPC G5, 160GB HD, blah blah blah refurbished machine is a good deal, and that's it's one of the best deals on Apple's website. I need your help because I just can't get it across his mind, he thinks I'm making a bad decision (he thinks it's a bad computer :p).

Help me convince him. I told him I would give my brother my PC if helps me out (2.7GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB HD, 19" LCD - I can't use this at my Mom's [where the iMac is going]). I basically need help with money as this deal on Apple's refurb site is going to go sooner or later.

Help me out!

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Have you let him try your ibook? You could probably use that to convince him if he's a computer literate person. It really depends on whether he's a computer user. If he's not then its simply a matter of convincing him you know what you're talking about. If he is then you need to convince him that macs are computers too ;) .

Tell us what your dad is like. Is he computer savvy? That might help us

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

If you pester your dad for about 6 years...

That is how I got an iMac, well actually he first promised to buy the original see-though colour iMacs, then the graphite one, then lamp and then the first G5, and finally my pestering paid off somewhat, I was then hoping for a Powermac.

To cut a long story short I don't really think this is the best way as I was banned off computers and tv several times and other punishments when I started an argument on "Buy iMac now"

4. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Does he not like it because it's a Mac, or because it's refurbished? If it's because it's refurbished, he might be right. If it's because it's a Mac, tell him I switched from Windows about 6 months ago, and have never been happier with a computer :)

PS - that is the same computer I have

6. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

It's because it's refurbished.....

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Hmmm, ask him to kick in the extra for "new" :eek:

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

8. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

He's on the "cheaper" side. For the refurb, I only need $200 w/ tax ... I don't even know for the regular price.... :(

9. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

What I plan to do is show him a nice Keynote presentation :D

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Tell him you get the same warrenty as a new machine. So if anything is wrong with it, you can get it fixed without a problem.

11. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Have you tried kicking and screaming? That's always been my preferred method. :p