I only see the basic printing options

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Gary King, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2004
    I can print from my Mac OS X to my printer (which is connected to another computer on the network), but only the basic printing options are available. I can't print in Draft mode, for instance (believe me, I've looked.) It doesn't matter what driver I use, I don't get any new options. I've tried the gimp drivers, the built in ones, etc.

Any suggestions? My printer is a HP DeskJet 932C, by the way. I've installed the 932C printer driver, but of course, that didn't work, either.

If I connect my printer (via USB) directly to my Mac, then of course, my Mac can detect the printer model, and then find the correct driver - and voila - I get the advanced options, too. But, how can I get it to work over the network?

Thanks in advance! :)
  2. hikingnclimbing macrumors member

Jan 10, 2006
    Gorham, ME
    Are you printing wirelessly? From what I've read here, you won't be able to access the printer settings wirelessly. I'm not sure about the settings if you are printing over a wired network though. Perhaps someone else has some insight into that bit of it.
  3. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2004
    I am printing wirelessly, but I am not using an AirPort base station; the printer is connected to a Windows computer, instead.

Also, I believe the same thing happens whether I am connected wired or wirelessly.