I ordered a Mac Mini this week... what do I do now?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Runaway, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Runaway macrumors newbie

I ordered a Mac Mini this week here in Aus - it hasn't been delivered as of yet, but my order has been processed.
    Now I see that Apple are on the verge of announcing Mac Mini updates next week (according to Think Secret)!
    Gaaaahhh! I knew this would happen! Is there any way that I would be within my rights to have the Mini I've bought swapped for one of the new models?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Now what do you do? You enjoy it. The new ones aren't even released yet. There is no guarantee they will be.

3. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

4. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Just take it. It's life. There's people all over the place dying, getting shot, etc. Don't worry too much about getting a computer instead of the updated one, it's not important. It'll work just as good as it would have if they didn't announce updates.

6. Runaway thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's annoying because for the same price I will probably have been able to get a faster processor or more RAM, depending on what gets announced next week. :(

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah and if you wait another year you can get something even better, just get over it and enjoy what you've ordered.

8. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

That's the stupidest advice ever.

Why pay extra money for a product that will be updated in Tuesday. When the computer comes to your door, the value of that computer went down 100 dollars -200 dollars already.

Get more standard features for the same price. Just wait 4 days. That's all you need to do.

9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

There is one problem with your logic. You are assuming the mini will be updated next week. Are you sure? People have been posting "New iBooks Next Tuesday" for months now. Maybe they will; maybe they won't.

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

The Mac mini has already been ordered! The order has been processed, just not delivered. So how is enjoying what you've ordered bad advice?

11. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

Don't open it, just return it. Does th store you bought it from have a return policy? If it does then you can return it, just don't open the package until you find out.

12. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I have to agree though guys, its not even as if he got a deal either, I'd be pissed too. All stores have return policies but will probably entail a restocking fee, etc, so in the end it won't be worth it. Pray it's Dead on Arrival :p.

13. risc macrumors 68030

risc

My first Mac was an iBook G4 2 days after I bought it they upgraded them, welcome to IT $h1T happens!

14. Runaway thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, there we go - new Mac Minis with twice the RAM and Bluetooth and Airport Extreme as standard, mere days after I made my Mac Mini order (which still hasn't arrived!!!). I guess I got shafted. :( :(

15. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

16. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

It is a bummer, I know, from my experiences BUT you still have a great machine and the updates weren't that good IMO.