Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonicACABRAL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
I recentely manually renamed the roll names into more friendly names, but as a result i photo is not loading the pictures anymore - I just see the thumbnail pictures. I coudl not revert to the original situation. Did anybody found the same problem, any sugegstions how to do the rool name change without having these problems ?

regards
Monica

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
When you say 'manually' what exactly did you do?

When I want to change the roll name I select the entire film roll, then look in the information window at bottom left. I then change the name of the roll in this window, which translates to all of the pictures. Works flawlessly.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Monica -- I hope you did not change the roll names in the iPhoto Library in Finder. This will create all sorts of problems. If that is what you did, I am not sure how to get your photos back. If you did indeed change the roll names from within iPhoto, there is something else wrong. Please explain exactly where you did this changing and maybe we can help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.