I placed the order!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by drumpat01, Aug 22, 2005.

1. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

WOO HOO!!! I just put in my order for my first mac, a 12" iBook with an 80gig hd! It will be sooo awesome! I put it on 2-3 day shipping so hopefully it will be here in a week or so. HORRAY!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Congrats... I just placed an order this morning for the 12" iBook but w/ 60 GB HD and free shipping for cheapo me and my parents. ;)

3. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Awesome! Did you end up selling your PB?

4. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Hehe, third time on these forums .. but.. SO DID I!!! hehe.. 1:30am this morning I bought an iBook 1.33 12" + crucial Ram to take me up to a Gig!

5. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Congrats to all of you who just purchase a new iBook!!! :cool:

SpaceMagic , that's a great idea to get a Gig of RAM.

6. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

On Edu discount iBook, buying an extra 512mb from crucial brought me up to the standard iBook price. So i'm very happy.

7. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

Congrats to all on your purchases!

My Powerbook will be a year old in about a month...I have thought of buying an iBook to have an an extra to use while on the road, if I visit a friend that only has a PC ;) and on vacations but I can't really justify that yet.

8. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

I'm the 4th person to say but i did too. But i got a 12' Powerbook. No extras but hay, like it needs it! :p

9. londy macrumors member

oooh oooh me me! i did too ;) just a short 30 minutes ago, i placed an order for a 12" ibook with 768 RAM and 100GB hd. threw in a mighty mouse and ipod 30GB for good measure.

thanks folks for answering my questions and being so knowledgeable that i lurked almost everyday for the last 2 months :eek:

i'll be needing much help once that baby shows up, but i'll take it to another part of the forum :D

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Congratulations everyone on your new purchases :D.

Unfortunately now you all have to go through the most painfull week of your lives waiting and checking your order status :eek:.

Oh the humanity :p!

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm looking forward to Apple's sales figures for this quarter. I swear I've never seen so many "I just bought an iBook" threads in my life. It's awesome. :)

12. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

yea, seems odd to have so many people purchase the ibook and post in this thread. congratulations to all. if its your first you'll be surprised at how easy it is. one thing to remember though.

Apple menu > system preferences > energy saver > highest performance.

this will let your system run at its best...good for heavy computing but probably not the best for web surfing, it will eat up all the batteries energy. also, by ram from a third party and at least 512MB is recommended but i would put in as much as possible.

also, i just noticed. try turning off the fonts that the system doesnt require. it does speed things up a bit. you'll need to do this with care though cause the system and some apps require certain fonts so be cautious.

13. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

Congrats to you all! Especially to new mac users you will not be dissapointed! :D

I personally can't wait till expo Paris so I can buy a new RevE 15'' PB :p

14. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

Congrats. You'll love it.

I suggest maxing out the RAM.. it makes it smooooooooooth.

:)

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ha, thanks for noticing... Actually, the very best that could happen, happened. My older sister wanted an Apple laptop to replace her ailing Dell (er, it won't even shut down all the way). When I suggested she take my PB and I get a new iBook she was less than thrilled, (who wants a hand-me-down, right?). But when I told her to go look at them both in person, and she finally did, she called me bashfully admiting that she liked the look and feel of the PB more.

I agree, but since it will be her primary computer, I don't mind sacrificing a little bit... especially since the iBook will complement my iMac G5 (my primary computer) so well. :D ;)

16. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Yeh and I couldn't find a reseller in stock in the UK. I'm having to wait for mine. The guys at CWOnline are amazing, they give you a phone straight after they receive your order so you can ask them anything. They told me their stock should be in this week but demand is high!

In response to Andy, I don't mind waiting! Its for university and at the moment I can use my G5. It'll be nice to get my hands on a modern mac laptop again though.

EDIT: They just phoned! I'll be getting it tomorrow! Yippeee:)

EDIT 2: When did the iBooks become slot loading?!

17. UberMac macrumors 6502

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago - Nov/Dec 2003 i think :p - whenever they became iBook G4s

18. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Cool beans, devilot. :)

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hee, thanks! :eek: I see from your sig that you have an AWESOME PB, that thing must take such a simple game as Diablo II/ LoD like it's nothing! :eek: 128MB of VRAM. *drool* ;)

20. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Wow!!! I've never seen so many people say they bought an iBook/PowerBook in one thread!

All I can say is C O N G R A T S!! :D

Yeah, I ordered 2 iBooks in the past month. :p

yeah, looks like there has been lots of demand for these iBooks.

Looks like Apple is doing good :)

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations to all those that are purchasing a new iBook or PowerBook. That is awesome. I'm jealous. Hope that AppleCare and extra RAM was purchased also.

22. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I wont touch AppleCare, its useless. They treat you sh*t all the same. I did buy extra ram though :D

23. lfielder06 Guest

Well I guess I will add to the list of buyers. I bought a new 1.5ghz 15" PB and the same day my wife bought a new 1.33ghz 12" iBook. Both will be here on thursday! :D