I played with Wii in UK today!

Discussion in 'Games' started by timmillwood, Dec 1, 2006.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I want shopping to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol, UK today and Nintendo were there with a Wii.

So i had a go on Wii Sports, I only got a go on Bowling and i was crap at it.

Can't wait to get mine on Friday!!!

2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I played with Wii on November 19th when I bought mine. :p

Daniel.

3. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeh but they are not out in UK yet so this a big thing here!
    Stop spoiling my excitment

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ignore him.

Yea I played for the first time today too! Virgin Megastores in Manchester. Absolutely incredible. Any plans for a 360 or any more DS games have gone out the window. I even liked the WW2 game they were demoing. Which is saying a ******** lot about the system.

Great isn't it! I wasn't expecting the controller to be that heavy, it felt solid as a rock. This may be the system to make me play games for more than 30 minutes a time. No system has done that yet.

5. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Does anyone know anywhere in London where I'd be able to get a chance to have a go??

I know there are now some Wii's (or just one) at the Game On exhibition somewhere in London, but you have to pay to get in, and I'm not planning to go there until after Xmas.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

HMV and Virgin shops have them, seemingly. Game and Gamestation didn't. HMV said we couldn't use theirs as it was just for show *pointless* but Virgin have an employee stood over you whilst you play.

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I'm very jealous.

I will not be buying a Wii (or any major purchases for that matter) for at least a year to 18 months. But I've dropped plenty of hints at my brother, so I hope to be playing the new Zelda game on my Gamecube and Canis Canim Edit (Bully) on the PS2 this Christmas. :)

8. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Yeah I think they feel nice, too. I thought I was the only one that appreciated the density. :D

9. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, that's me down to Virgin tomorrow then :D

Although it will be absolutely heaving :(

10. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Good luck to all of you in the UK. The Wii is awesome! And yes, the controller's solid feel is really nice.

Of note, I was in fact sore the day after I played it. Odd, but true. YMMV, I was up all night waiting for the store to open I was camped at, so that might have caused the aches and pains.

11. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

i didnt find the controller that heavy, i actually found it was smaller than i thought it would be.

Cant wait to have a go at some of the other games, I have ordered my Wii with obviously Wii Sports and also Wii Play to get the extra remote.

I am going to wait until christmas for some more games because I have too much uni work to do.

But i have Zelda, Red Steel, Call of Duty 3 and Far Cry on my list.

Zelda is number 1 (hope i like it I have never got into the other Zeldas, too much reading and waiting)

The out of the others i think i will go for the one with the best multi player, haven't really researched it yet, too busy with E-commerce Analysis. YAWN!

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's the thing! In Virgin there was a group of 3 employees stood around it and 1 person who just didn't say anything. Behind them all I shouted "can I have a go" and so they handed me the controller and a brief explanation of the controls.

Few moments later and I've got a huge crowd behind me. Making me ever so nervous :D everyone whispering "I've heard about this machine...". So you may be lucky like I was... fingers crossed! haha.

13. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Call Of Duty 3. I liked it too and I'm not normally one to enjoy those games.

Daniel.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Seems GAME have their demo units out now, my brother had a play on one earlier today.

15. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, I went to two Virgin Megastores today and neither of them had a Wii :mad: . One of them was the flagship store in Piccadilly Circus as well, and the other one was the huge Oxford St store.

HMV on Oxford St didn't have one either.

On a positive note, I was playing with Super Mario Bros on the DS in a Virgin store and loved it so much I almost made an impulse purchase... :eek:

16. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i have been all over london this weekend and i still havent seen one. None of the HMV's in Islington, Canary Wharf or in the Soho areas have them, the same goes for game.

Any idea where there will be some available? When i had to put the deposit down i was feeling a touch poor having just moved to london, but now, a few pay cheques on i feel i can justfify it.

Unfortunatly it comes out 3 and 4 days before some ACA exams I have - so spend the weekend trying to find one and then playing on it, or wait till tuesday evening and then not find one anywhere?

the dilemma! any ideas?

17. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Work your ass off revising for the exams until release date, then spend the weekend looking for one and playing on it but leave a full day free the day before the exams to cram.

18. kinesin macrumors regular

Well I've tried to find a Wii to play with and so far failed.

Still thinking about ordering one, but what is worth getting? - will I be able to?

Wii play - just of for the extra wiimote.
    Excite Truck isn't out?
    Is Madden?

19. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i could try that, but knowing me I have the concentration of a goldfish and would just be distracted and end up having 'one more game...' whici will prob turn into a full day!

20. russed macrumors 68000

russed

no excite truck in the uk - quite a shame it looks fun!

21. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

This may sound tough, but I say buy it, try it out that night, then study study study study. once exams are done, you'll have plenty of time with your Wii :D

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Funny how London has no demo units yet. Almost as funny as Nintendo not using some kind of tether to keep the controller safe.

Well I'm off into Manchester tomorrow night for another play :D frankly I just wanna play the games I know I wont buy. Don't want to spoil Wii Sports and Zelda for the big day :)

23. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm so picking up an extra roll of gaffer tape...