I-pod help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mrawsomemosity, Dec 2, 2003.

1. mrawsomemosity macrumors newbie

Hey guys. My i-pod works fine and well for the most part. I've owned for about a month and i noticed something wierd it was doing yesterday. (i own a PC btw). Anyways when i was scrolling through my list of songs (1300 songs on there right now) and i attempted to click one of the songs to play something wierd happened. After i clicked the song the usual screen appeared where it shows my song information, but my i-pod would not play the song, instead show the information for a split second and go back to the main menu. Also on that song information screen it would say "Track 0 of 0" the wierd thing is i can play my songs from my playlists and everywhere else fine, except for the directly the Song category. Any reason to this? (I have tried reseting everything to default)

2. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

make sure you have the latest version and try setting it to factory defaults in the updater app.

3. mrawsomemosity thread starter macrumors newbie

I-pod help

i have tried to reset it to defaults, it still does not work. Everytime i click play all artists, or play a song from the song list, ill see track 0 of 0 and it will go back to the main menu.

4. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

what version of the ipod software do you have? 2.1 is the latest for the new ones, and 1.3 is for the older models.
    and also, i don't mean resetting it's settings. plug it into a computer with the ipod software update installed on it, and then return it to factory defaults. make sure there are no files but music that you can put back on there.

5. mrawsomemosity thread starter macrumors newbie

do you mean to delete all my stuff from the i-pod and put them back in? i haven't done that yet. I have the latest version 2.1.