I-Pod needs to come apart

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by samfashow, Feb 7, 2004.

1. samfashow macrumors newbie

I have an old version of the ipod, 5GB, and the buttons no longer work. It is out of warenty so I have decided to take the liberty of going in and cleaning out beneath the buttons. I assume tha tis the problem because I have not mistreated it.

Anyways, I would like to ask how I may open it up since Apple obviously won't tell me, I was hopeing for some help from my fellow Applemen... :cool:

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    check out ipod lounge they have a lot of stuff, like opening the ipod replacing the battery and stuff

and a little word on your sig

im all for free speech, but we have a diverst mac community here, each with different beliefs there are threads and forums for you to express them, but your sig isnt the best place.

3. samfashow thread starter macrumors newbie

ok sorry about that i am just disgusted on the new develpments in the United States

I do have one more question though, where would i go to locate this ipod lounge?
    thnx

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

http://www.ipodlounge.com/

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

sorry i forgot to write the url :(

i think its time for me to get to bed

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I've never had an iPod question that I couldn't find the answer to on the iPod lounge, so definitely try there first.

As for your signature, don't listen to virividox - as he said himself, the MacRumors community is very diverse, and everyone has different beliefs - for example, your belief is that cigarette smoking is wrong. Most everyone here is open-minded, and respects other people's beliefs, so as long as you don't start ramming it down people's throats, or actively condemning them, which you obviously aren't doing, there is no harm at all in your signature. I, too, think smoking is stupid (utter disrespect for your own body and the health of those around you), but I will not go around getting into arguments or challenging people if I find out they're smokers.

Granted, maybe your sig isn't the most approriate place for such a statement, (I agree with virividox there), I definitely would not feel bad about having it there. You are free to state your beliefs here at MacRumors. :)

At any rate, getting off topic here - try out iPod lounge and if you still have problems, check back on the forums!

But may I at least suggest you spell "cigarette" properly? ;) :cool:

7. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

be sure to get good pictures of the inside of your iPod. you don't open them up everyday!

PS all the smokers in Japan must be shortening my life at least a few years: I don't appreciate their killing me.

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

My apologies then guys, didn't realize he had changed it. Yes, in that case, I agree with both of you, that is inappropriate for a sig - that's a little different then being against smoking. :)

Sorry for any confusion, especially to virividox.

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

it's all good. lets just hope that you can fix your ipod now :D

you might also want to try www.ipodhacks.com

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Also TechT V recently did an iPod battery replacement on air. Click Here

11. samfashow thread starter macrumors newbie

see now you see the joke I make about freespeach......only the stuff society finds suitable is allowed.
    It is pathatic!

12. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Er I know I shouldn't be posting off topic like this but I really feel I need to say this...

Why are you against smokers? Surely you can be against smoking, but to attack the people who have made up their mind about it is wrong in my opinion. I take this with great offense. :eek:

Also why is it ok for someone to be against smokers but it's not ok for someone to be against gay marriage? I don't see the consistancy here. :confused:

Again, this is the wrong place to hold this discussion but I had to voice my concerns about this.

13. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

14. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Ok I dont want to annoy people here as this is clearly off topic. But I do want to talk about it as it's important to me. Would it be worth me making a new thread in General Discussion or somewhere else? Or if it's only going to be a few posts should it stay on this thread? Not quite sure what to do.

15. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i don't like people like you, but i don't go advertising it in my sig. it's called common sense and common courtesy.

paul

16. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

lets move the other topic of this thread to a new one and keep this one on topic about ipod repair. :D

anyway, i know when you open up an ipod you have to use a lot of force to pry it apart just be careful one end does fly across the room when you do it.