iPad mini I regret buying iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAPOL, Jan 28, 2013.

1. macrumors member

MacAPOL

Today i'm telling my short experience of why i regret buying an ipad mini. I'been using it for the last week, all day and all night to just ensure i give a fair analysis/review.

So the main reason i regret is because i'm freaking addicted to it LOLOLOL.
    Okey, i'm 21 and this gadget is the best i've ever own. Really, the build quality is amazing, the size is awesome, perfect size for a tablet, i am really happy i sold my ipad 2. Never going back to a size like that. So, the ergonomics are perfect. I think the design is gorgeous, like my iphone 5. Playing games is SOOOOO comfortable, a lot better than full size ipad. Web browsing is perfect. Everything is smooth, hands down to apple.

BUT, the only drawback is obviously then non-retina display. The actual display is acceptable, most of the time is not bothering me, but in text or the keyboard you can easily see the pixels. But i think is not a deal braker. The other bad thing (for me) is IOS. Its a great OS, smooth as a baby ass, but it should have more functions, more appealing to the eye, its stale, like it or not, android is ahead. I Hope ios7 brings some new things to mobile products. However, the positive things of this tablet overrides the bad ones

I highly recommend this tablet, to anyone, retina will come soon. if you can, buy the ipad mini, its amazing.

2. macrumors 68000

TyPod

Glad you're happy with your puchase! I find myself using mine a lot too!!

3. macrumors regular

I think you have too much time on your hands

4. macrumors member

An in-dash audio entertainment system

One of the coolest things I'm seeing people do with iPad minis is installing them as in-dash units in cars. Internet, music, GPS, everything at your fingertips at a fraction of the cost of (less powerful) factory units. Enjoy your iPad!
    :)

5. macrumors 65816

Nothing wrong with being addicted to it. I use mine for everything now, best use I have for it right now is when I travel, my wife bought me the HDMI accessory so I can watch my videos on the hotel TV now. I love it.

6. macrumors regular

I returned my iPad Mini.

That thing was amazing.

Only thing wrong was the no Retina Display.

Once the Retina Display comes out i'll be more than happy to buy a 32GB Wi-Fi IPM2.

7. macrumors 68030

Spink10

I bought a mini when it first came out - loved the size and weight. But the screen bothered me (It could easily be my eyes - im young with good eye sight - I thought/think).

Returned mini - now my iPad 1 is to big/heavy. But it is paid for and I had it for 2/12 years cannot let go!

8. macrumors 6502

iPad Mini is awesome. The screen is just fine.

9. macrumors 6502a

he's 21. A tween'er age, between college and work.

10. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

11. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've said it many times, while it might be great to have a retina screen, I'm perfectly content with the screen and the mini. I have no buyers remorse.

12. macrumors 6502

Not a good idea.
    Eyes should be on the road NOT an iPad.

13. macrumors 6502

I only have two regrets with my mini purchase, ok maybe three.

1. I really wanted an A6 or at least a A5 with 1GB RAM. I think the mini is handicapped with only 512mb RAM.

2. The 128GB option on the iPad 4. Wish that was available for the mini. :(

3. The LONG delay from the wifi mini's release to me receiving my LTE mini. A month is a long time in tech circles.

Honestly, I could care less about a retina display on the mini, I just want processor, storage and RAM. I found it funny that after I gave my wife the iPad 1, I picked it up last weekend and was surprised by the weight after using the mini exclusively for over a month.

14. macrumors 68000

pooleman

Agreed. OP, do you have a job?

15. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

The JailBreak is approaching fast so if your bored with iOS, you won't be for long.

16. macrumors 68000

TyPod

My thoughts exactly! It'll find lots and lots of use in the future even without a retina screen!

17. thread starter macrumors member

MacAPOL

I have a job indeed, but in my country we are on holidays right now :)

18. macrumors newbie

Rumors

Has anyone heard rumors on when the iPad mini 2 is coming out? I'm hearing mixed things on Mar or Oct. I want to buy one really bad, I just don't know if I should wait.

Thoughts?

19. macrumors 65816

Scarpad

Are you bi-polar?

20. macrumors G3

No one outside of Apple knows.