Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2003
Okay, last night I decided to get my life in order and decided I'd start with my itunes library.

Now, I have roughly 1200 songs in there, or approximately 6GB. Now I know there are certain individuals out there with ten fold this amount and would scoff at my tiny collection. I'm ashamed to admit the majority of it is from file sharing services during my college days when Napster ran rampant.

For the most part, a lot of it is old songs from the 70-80's, songs that I've enjoyed listening on the radio but could not pull myself to pay $18.99 for one CD that my local Tower Records felt it was justifiably so since it was no longer in wide scale production.

That being said, about 90% of the songs either had the wrong/misspelt title, wrong artist, wrong album, so in general their tags were incomplete or way off in left field. At the time, I was too lazy to correct these errors so one can only imagine how this compounded my problems.

After about four hours and my entire night removed, I finished correcting the tags and reorganized my library.

I've been a recent purchaser of music from the itunes store and while it's still missing a lot of songs and artists, I'd rather go about it the honest way and a plus, the tags are correct and the album art is included! For .99 can't go wrong. Besides, I hated that ominous cloud of the RIAA hanging over my head, hoping I didn't receive a subpoena in the mail.

Just my .2 for my .99 songs.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
my question to you is: were you able to pull that off on a pc? or do you have a mac?

pulling off that on a pc sans crashing would be quite remarkable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.