Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rebmarie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
My iPod touch wont turn on. I have it sitting on the charger right now. I couldn't find my charger for a while and I finally found it tonight (just moved and it was in an unpacked box). So my iPod has a been dead for a while and I didn't think anything of it. I restored it before it died because my son, who was 2 at the time, did something to it and it wouldn't work. It wouldn't go online or allow me to log into my iTunes account through it so I restored it to factory settings.
What should I do?

rebmarie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Give it some time on the charger. If it's really dead, it might take a little while.

It's probably gonna be alright though . . .

Alright, I kept it the charger all night. It is still sitting on the charger and has yet to turn on. I have pressed the power button and pressed both the power button and the other one. Should I wait longer or is it something I am going to have to take to an apple store?

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
Alright, I kept it the charger all night. It is still sitting on the charger and has yet to turn on. I have pressed the power button and pressed both the power button and the other one. Should I wait longer or is it something I am going to have to take to an apple store?

Why don't you try going to DFU mode if it even turns on? :)

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
Does your iTunes can recognize your iPod? If not, I think you can connect with iTunes and then hold on home and power button till iTunes told you there is an unknown device need to be restored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.