I saw the Space Shuttle launch (video)

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Jul 27, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hi guys...

I just added the video of the Space Shuttle Discovery launch I took yesterday. Is from my own video camera with all the regular sounds you would hear if you were there. Is in .wmv format (no Quicktime sorry).

Go to www.vjrei.com and click on the link.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Wmv???

Edit: Nice footage, BTW. I would love to attend a launch...

Edit2: Funny. I haven't heard the sound of someone using an old-style "manual" camera in years. :)

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Lucky you! I had planned on going down to see it myself, but the rescheduling of the launch made it impossible.

Thanks for the video.

So did you go down just for the launch?

D

4. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

I went up! I am in Miami. I went yesterday at 4m and got there at 7am, it was very fast on the I-95. We had to deal with a two hours line for only 9 miles! to get to the Kennedy Space Center just to find out we needed a yellow pass to cross the last bridge. So, we drove a few miles towards Cocoa Beach until we so the perfect spot used by the locals. There is actually a better place in Cocoa Beach but imagine how crowded it was. Traffic every where.

I was using a tripod for my camera but is hard to watch something with your own eyes and pointing the camera at same time, it is not the same thing to watch it with the viewer.

I am glad the colors were good as well the zoom. It is a Sony VX-2100 (my best friend).

[​IMG]

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Nice video mymemory, thank you for posting that :)

6. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Nice camera! Very jealous.

Nice video too. I was never a big space head but I've been following the launch and watching some of NASA TV online each night. It's nice to have people back in space again. Pity about the cost. But Australia's Andy Thomas is there! Hooray!

7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Thank you, I bought it because some one offered me a job with it and after I got it the person disappeared so I kept it. Even people are gatting the Panasonic 24f and things like that, this sony is soooooooo good under low light condition, to the point that you can see better using the view finder rather than with your own eyes, that is what I really like about it.

Now, if you are going to do a music video and you like the film texture get the Panasonic, is $1500 more but it depends of what you want.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

thats the same spot i saw the Challenger blow up from.

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

d'oh.

10. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

That was wonderful of you for sharing. Thanks a lot. It has been so long since I saw a launch in person. The last time I saw a Shuttle launch it was at night.

11. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I watched the launch in HD on HDNET or INHD, can't remember, but it was freaking sweet. I would have loved to be there though.

12. emw macrumors G4

emw

Forgot to add - thanks for the video, it was nice to watch. I missed the launch live, so to see your video was cool. :)