I sent apple an idea...someone in macrumors heard it

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jeff.macaddict, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jeff.macaddict macrumors regular

Before the 4G was introduced, I sent apple a very descriptive email about a "problem" i had with their ipod. Me and my friend were biking downtown with ipods on and powerbook/ibook in backpacks. We stopped for lunch and he didnt have many songs, i had about 3500, he wanted some, unfornately, i had to take out my powerbook he his ibook, transferred songs then he synced them to his ipod. To transfer the 15 or so songs he chose, it only took about 15 minutes. So i told apple i would really like to have had the ability to transfer directly.

Then, tonight i saw someone post that they had heard that this was a new feature. has anyone else heard any rumors of direct pod to pod linking abilities with the 4G and now photo ipod?

sorry for my ranting style post ;)

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I love the idea, but this sounds like a big piracy issue in the brewing. Apple right now is in a business of making the record companies somewhat complacent. They're not rolling over to the demands, but they also don't have total control over them. It's dissapointing that money is actually delaying innovation.

BEN

3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I was transferring some tunes from my pod to a friend's pod, we did a go-list and started to sync, pretty slow but was working, then came a guy from the RIAA with a gun and I woke up... time to work.

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Yep, this would be a huge piracy issue. Consider the situation now, you're technically not allowed to plug in your iPod to another person's computer and copy songs, (unless of course you've downloaded software that does that) so direct copying from iPod to iPod probably won't happen. I see what you're saying, but I don't think they'd go for it.