I should have not opt for the Extra HD and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iKwak, Mar 21, 2004.

1. iKwak macrumors member

I have upgraded the iBook BTO with the extra 10 GB and the Bluetooth module and as of today, I have never used the extra GB harddrive space and/or the bluetooth.

Feels as if I have waisted $65. (cheapskate I am :) )

Should've saved those money and bought the airport extreme card in the first place.

I don't think I am using the new iBook to the fullest potential.

2. iKwak thread starter macrumors member

Besides a bluetooth mouse, what other things can I do with the bluetooth? :confused:

3. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

you can synch with bluetooth pdas and cell phones. Dont worry about the cost. THe extra HD space will come in handy down the road. Once the HD is in, thats it, so might as well upgrade while you can. If you run out of space, you'll spend a lot more money than $65 to get an external one, or to replace the old one internally.

4. Colonel Panik macrumors regular

If you have a Bluetooth capable phone, you can swap data between your ibook and your phone. And if you've ever lost a phone and all your contacts, this is a great feature.
    This also allows you to surf (if you have an ISP) via your phone without connecting them with cables (which is cool when your phone is in your bag).
    There is, of course, the bluetooth mouse and keyboard, but there's also bluetooth headsets, for iChat talking... There are also printers which use bluetooth, for wireless printing. And, if you have another bluetooth capable mac or pc, you can transfer data (albeit slowly) between them. Then there's PDAs...

I reckon that Bluetooth is still an infant technology in terms of industry take-up.

As for the extra Hard Disk, trust me, you'll use it eventually.

5. jigglyjon macrumors member

yeah like everyone before said it is a smart choice. if i could do it agian i would have added those two because you cant add it later on... so i would say dont worry about it...you could use the bluetooth for other things and i also think you can never have too much harddrive space... so if you really dont like the book i am willing to trade with ya :p

6. nargot macrumors regular

BT at the moment is a cheap gamble because not much is available, but at the moment for wireless mice, it truly fits in with the portable ideal. ie no external dongle or cable for mouse. As for the HD, you should of got the 60gb like me, in a few years time your 30gb will fill up and wont optimise as well and you will be pissed that you didn't have more... we humans always want more.

Also if you wanted BT down the track you wouldn't be able to get internal because at the moment you can only get it CTO.