I smell something new on "Tuesday"

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by jasonpaul75, Jun 1, 2002.

1. jasonpaul75 macrumors member

http://www.thinksecret.com/features/jobssculley.html

This is timed pretty closely with the release of 10.15. Maybe they are planning a one-two punch to bolster the days headlines. You gotta wonder what Scully is up to...maybe he is ready to unveil a Newton-clone for the new millenium to answer the prayers of every fan from yester year. Sure would be amusing if even in a slight capacity Sculley gave Apple fans something that they are desperately clamoring for. He may be just looking to make Jobs percieved more stubborn.

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Doesn't Apple own all the copyrights and such to the Newton hardware and OS??? That would prevent anyone from making a clone as such, unless they deviated enough from the original, but then it wouldn't really be a clone, would it?

As for what you smelled... That could have been the mexican food that I had for lunch... mmmmmm buritos and refrietos, love them going down, but a few hours later I can clear out rooms, strip wallpaper and kill plants and up to medium sized furry animals. :D

3. jasonpaul75 thread starter macrumors member

Owning the rights....

to the design to the original imac....did little to keep several companies from blatently ripping of the form-factor and other bits of innovation. I certainly wasn't attempting to imply that the product might be the rescued Newton. It surely couldn't be that blatant...wouldn't stop Sculley from attempting to pleaze fans of his product with similiar tech though.

If the article is accurate rumblings of activity should make this another interesting week.

4. sjs macrumors 6502

5. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Re: Owning the rights....

That's why Apple sued thier asses, lol

6. jasonpaul75 thread starter macrumors member

Sculley's Whereabouts!

Last I heard Sculley was running a media / education / e-learning company called Sirius Thinking.

http://www.siriusthinking.com/

I ran a check and can't seem to find any other positions he holds...If any one knows of any other companies he is currently throwing in with...I'm interested.

Sculley was brilliant in his own right...but from my perspective...and the last book I read about Jobs...Sculley couldn't carry Job's dirty black turtlenecks.

Sure wish the two of them could put their ego's aside and work together!

Tues....be there...I am guessing the fireworks will launch before noon (west coast) to get the stories over the wire for the bulk of the day.

7. jasonpaul75 thread starter macrumors member

8. jasonpaul75 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to double post...

This link Presenter.com

Is some very interesting tech related to conferencing and such...really crazy cool stuff. I wonder if Sculley sold this to Apple.

Certainly goes back to alot of the speculation about a new Iconference app and possible hardware.

hmmmn

9. boobers macrumors regular

Re: Sorry to double post...

This link Presenter.com

Thanks for the link.. This is a no brainer... Apple knows they can't miss the boat on this one.
    If they haven't already, Apple will jump on this and makes a groundbreaking Video conferencing application and a wireless device to boot, i will be surprised if they don't.
    boobers

10. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Other John Sculley Projects

Looks like he is on the Board of Hotwire, and somehow part of/the co-head of Sculley Brothers (a finance and investing company).

Here's a pretty good bio.

Chris