Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Use common sense. We're in Beta 1 right now. It obviously wasn't ready. Same goes for Voice Memos, full Twitter and Facebook integration (ie. Notification Center posting ability). Beta 1 is obviously not the final version. Siri's new voices may not even come in Beta 2. We may not see those new voices leave alpha testing for months.

Not to be rude but common sense doesn't apply to betas. A beta includes what it does and does not include what it doesn't. A feature may be in beta x and not in beta x+1 and then back in beta x+2. That's what the documentation that comes with each beta covers.

SuperPolli

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2013
New Jersey
Maybe After Beta 1 (Reply!)

Not to be rude but common sense doesn't apply to betas. A beta includes what it does and does not include what it doesn't. A feature may be in beta x and not in beta x+1 and then back in beta x+2. That's what the documentation that comes with each beta covers.

I understand that common sense shouldn't apply to betas, but I think only after Beta 1 is that true. If a feature is announced, but then is not found in Beta 1, common sense says that it just wasn't ready to go beta at that point. That's just my opinion. Same goes for Twitter integration in Notification Center. I very much doubt that Apple would get rid of such a useful little feature, so the redesigned version just wasn't ready for Beta 1. However I will agree with you that the release notes are very useful for every beta. i.e., if a feature is so buggy in one beta that it may hurt the system, then the company may remove it, fix it, then re-insert the feature in a later beta.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Are you sure? The Siri voice I am using on my phone right now is a male voice with an English accent.

yeah that one has always existed, UK voice was male and US is female..
the other member is talking about the new male/female US voices that are way less robotic.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
My guess I'd that the improved voices, along with some of the other new Siri features i.e car integration will be part of Siri 2.0 and only available on the new model introduced in the fall.

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
My guess I'd that the improved voices, along with some of the other new Siri features i.e car integration will be part of Siri 2.0 and only available on the new model introduced in the fall.

No. If that were the case, apple wouldn't have shown it to us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.