i still need THE GURU!!!!!!!!! -PB doesnt start....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ko7mac, Jul 28, 2005.

1. ko7mac macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2005
    amsterdam - nl
    I have just erased almost 50 gb of video material, and i want have it back... but the worse is, that it still doesn't work...
    I cant start up, it doesn't recognize even setup dvd or cd's...
    all story:
    since i have updated to x.3.6 it began to crash on regular basis.. it seems, that skype was causing a serious mess.. but single restart would do, till next time....
    but right after update to x.3.8 it all went down very quick.. multiply restarts..crashing while editing on avid, final, or adobes...
    last time i've had any use of it, was on recent holidays..while loading photos to iphoto..just died.. and so it is until now...
    I have removed extra ram, this same with airport card..
    I try to startup from 3 different setup discs... original goes to moment of loading of files.. then stripes on the screen.. and stucks...
    I did: reset pmu..no result..
    after connecting as external fire wire disc i found hd..with error message.. the worse pain... i had to lose 1/2 hour of ready material, but i need this machine tu run... just a week of time to days i would badly need it running... dvd rom is visible, so the problem isn't there... after formatting hd should be piece of cake.. but still isn't. hd is 100% ok.
    is there anything in 0 sector, to cause this problem???
    what else can i do?
    is here anything else to reset??
    new hd -would it help??
    what worries me most, is why to .... it doesnt start from setup discs...that realy strange...it flashes question mark, with dvd setup disc spinning in...!!
    has anybody any suggestions??
  2. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2002
    Anywhere but here
    Why the double post? Same thread below:

3. ko7mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2005
    amsterdam - nl
    -because i still didnt get my answers...do you have any sugestions??
  4. 1nsanity macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2005
    Double posting won't get you answers.

People are friendly and ressourceful, if one has an answer they will share, just be patient!