I suggest NOT buying from Pixmania.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iVersa, Sep 26, 2006.

1. iVersa macrumors 6502

I bought a monitor from Pixmania.com through Amazon last week and have had very, very bad service.

I'm not normally one of your typical moany customers and very rarely complain about service and its usually more bother than its worth, but this has just got to me.

Here is the email I have just sent them.

Be warned!

2. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

holy crap man. thats horrible. those pesky german industries...

3. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

heh heh i like the part where you find the old return slip in the box...but seriously thats really bad service.

4. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Just thought I'd add, I made this thread almost a month ago now and still have the faulty monitor at my house.

Take a look at the companies Amazon Feedback, it looks like I wasnt just a one off unlucky case.

:rolleyes:

5. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

They've got a shop in Fulham I think. You could march down there and dump it with them. Ring your credit card and open a transaction dispute - get them to refund you as Pixmania are in breach of contract sending you used goods.

6. frenetic macrumors regular

Yeah, Pixmania is not a good company... Bought a mobile from them, the thing works just fine, but they are extremely agressive in their marketing, it is almost impossible to unregister from their almost daily blurb (I had to download Opera to be able to unregister), and it took them 4 weeks to send me a mobile which was supposed to be in stock... I really don't trust them anymore. BTW, I think they are a French company, actually...

Cheers,

Frenetic

7. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

My experience at Pixmania has been better. Bought a Panasonic Lumic FX-01 from them at a decent price. Took it home- it was the French model. Luckily i was able to download an english manual from the Panasonic site, and find the language option in the camera menu. But it would have been nice if they told me it was an import model.

8. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

I'm sure I've read somewhere that they deal mainly in 'grey' imports and generally they are a nightmare to deal with.

9. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh, I asked them on the phone if there was a store in london, so I could do exactly what you have suggested. They told me they only deal online!

I managed to get a friend to take the monitor to his office and have arranged for pixmania to pick it up from there.

I couldnt get them to collect it from my own office because I travel for about an hour and a half up to north london on trains/tubes/bus and lugging the monitor would have been akward at best.

So I shall see what happens, it'll probably take them months and months to refund me if ever.

But if I hadnt just arranged for it to be collect elsewhere, I definately would have gone to the store in fulham!

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I bought a printer and it was fecked. When they told me I had to pay for it to be sent back to them in France after paying for their insurance - i was rightly pissed off.

Awful customer service and possibly the worst of any consumer electronics website. They may be slighlty cheaper, but my god you really pay for it when somthing goes wrong. :eek:

11. Queso macrumors G4

This is exactly where your credit card company steps in. Give them a call and explain that you've made every effort to resolve the dispute, and they will get your money back for you much quicker than going through the retailer's procedures.

When VISA speaks, even the French listen :p

12. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i've bought a camera from them, and used the free 30 photo's offer too.. service was very good.

i even recommended them to my dad who also bought a camera from them..

so far no troubles..

here's 1 good story about them :)

13. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

We bought a Canon IXUS 700 from them about 18 months ago. Manual was in french and we picked it up from the Fulham store (just opposite Fulham FC Club shop) so it wasn't too bad that time. They do come up on this board quite frequently though - usually with bad reports.

I take it you'll be reading Amazon feedback reports before you purchase next time? ;)

I've never had to go this far thankfully, but how quickly do the CC companies act in this sort of situation?

14. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn right!

15. Queso macrumors G4

The one time I went through it I had my money credited back to my account about three weeks later, with the credit card company keeping me informed of progress right the way through. I was quite impressed with the way they handled it.

16. Foggy macrumors 6502a

I must admit I found it very irritating when I bought a digital camera off them, opened it only to find a european plug on it. Didnt have a spare 3 pin plug anywhere and didnt have a european to UK plug adapter so ended up getting loads of grief off the missus (mainly because I cut the plug off her hair dryer) so I wont use them again.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

pixmania or hair dryers ;)

18. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

k

listen thst nothing compared to laptops direct and sony never again i say ppl you have been warned they are both **** 4 dead pixels and laptops direct wont even speack to me past 7 days can you belive this **** !!!