I switched from pc to mac and back to pc

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Solafaa, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Up it happend :( i saw the light, switched to a mac teh best OS in history then i switched back to windows, here is my story.

I was a PC user for a long time, after many years of usage i got boared of teh hours i had to spend updating anti virus and updating windows so i switched to the mac. I loved everythign about the mac but its gaming, i knew i could not play games on Mac like i could on my PC but i still loved it. A week ago i found myself using my Mac less and less, i play wow a lot, i use fraps a lot, i upload my movies a lot. I play counter-stikes with friend, i play civilization a lot, so i switch back.

I use my laptop (15" PB) for everything i want and my PC for gaming. Thats how my computing life is now, Mac PB fopr evrything but gaming and PC for gaming only.

Sorry Mac :( when you make a bootable system (i hope) i will switch back :(
    i am very sad, honest.

2. joeconvert macrumors 6502

So is any of that hardware in your sig up for quick sale?

3. Omen88 macrumors regular

Omen88

So you don't do anything but play games anymore?

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

That aint so bad.. I still have my PC, and it only gets switched on for Counter Strike etc.

I still use my Macs every single day for web browsing, MR spamming (kidding!), emails, chatting.. Basically EVERYTHING cept gaming.

As long as you havent fully switched back (by selling your Powerbook.. just dont do it!) then it doesnt really matter. The way I see it is you get the best of both worlds!

5. contoursvt macrumors 6502a

Omen88. He said in his post that he uses the mac for everything but games and his PC for games.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

powerbook + giant ass monitor + pc + DVI KMV switch = teh ownage, use your powerbook for everything bar games then switch to the pc and boot the game of choice and use your powerbook for IM

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You're livin' the life, man. I use my 12" PB + 2005FPW for everything, and my PC for Counter-strike Source... it's heaven!

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i dont have that set up, in my dreams..... i have a crappy crt and a 3200+ with an x800XT PE (which arrives tommorow :D) for games and my ibook connected to a crappy vga KMV switch, cpt. i'll play you CS:S when it comes.

9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Sounds good, dude. I'm admin on my clan server, though I don't know how good of a ping you would get, being in the UK and all. The server is located in Texas.

I would do a KVM and use both computers with my 2005FPW, but the PC is in the game room in the back (which makes sense). It's hooked up to a pretty sweet Samsung CRT. I'm likin' my setup at this point in time :D

10. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Wait, so why are you sad if you still use the Mac? :confused:

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well if you still use your PowerBook, you haven't actually switched back. A lot of us use both Macs and PCs. Especially the gamers. You know, you don't have to just pick one and go all out.

12. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

I don't really game so Macs are going to be great for me. I occasionally boot up the SNES 9x on my PC, but that is also available for Mac. One I get out of college, I plan on getting a PowerMac (3 years away), but for now my upcoming PB will fit all of my needs.

13. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Thats ok, just as long as you aren't a solid PC user i guess.

I bet you are one of those looking forward to the day when you can play your games on one of the nice dual boot Intel PM's.

Buy your stock now kids.

14. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Nah don't feel bad. I "officiallY" switched 3 years ago, and for 2 of those years, I had a PC alongside my Mac - a self-built, kickass PC that I use for gaming. It's rarely linked up to the net (only connected when I play online, which isn't much), so it's pretty well-behaved, and requires not that much maintainance (hey, if someone decides to go hack my machine while it's connected, go right ahead, I got nothing to hide in there).

I only sold my PC recently (after almost a year sitting there collecting dust) because I found myself tired of PC gaming (all the hassles I have to go through installing, tweaking, fixing, and all that, just to play a stupid game? Eff that), and now I'm happily feeding my gaming needs with a console (or two :) ).