I switched to Microsoft

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by OCOTILLO, Mar 10, 2006.

1. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

I have had trouble with the scroll wheel on my Mighty Mouse almost since I first got it. Today it finally quit all together. So, I went to Best Buy and bought a cheap MS wired mouse that does all I want to do, at far less than half the cost.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Don't beat yourself up over it...Microsoft does make some decent mice.

3. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

The mighy mouse is awful. I'd never trade it for my 8 button logitech. Getting rid of it was the right move.

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You made a good choice. Apple mice just aren't up to par with other companies mice.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I hate those mice with buttons everywhere, they are always designed for right handed people. As soon as I go near them as a lefty I'm constantly pressing buttons i shouldnt.....

Apple mice are generally good for lefties as and I dont mind the mightymouse, although I use a BT apple mouse...

6. bluemarlinchef macrumors newbie

bluemarlinchef

i'll take it off your hands

what are you gonna do with it?

I'll take it if you don't want it.

I need a mouse for my laptop!

let me know!

7. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I also have an MS bluetooth mouse. I love it.

8. OCOTILLO thread starter macrumors regular

I am taking it to the Apple store tomorrow. Maybe they will replace it as it is still under waranty.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm a big fan of my MM, i got one with no flaws so that was something to do with it i'm sure, also never had more then 2 Buttons and a Scroll Wheel on a Mouse so a MM is a gain of buttons for me!

10. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

haha you sound so serious and sad about buying something microsoft. i use a microsoft intellimouse explorer and it kicks ass. good wireless support, extra buttons, and it fits to your hands. to be honest i think apple makes awful mice. sure they look beautiful and match their systems perfectly....but they aren't comfortable. a two button mouse with a scroll is the bare bones of the pc world and apple wants to charge like 50 bucks for thier mighty mouse? the lil ball of a scroll wheel sucks, its not comfortable. the mouse itself retains a boring and unsatisfactory design so imbedded in the apple ideal. apple is sacrificing form over function

11. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I read your title and thought "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Then I read the post and thought "oh"
    I have the Microsoft S+ARCK (w/ the glowy orange stripe) mouse and I love it. Occasionally I'll move the mouse and the pointer on-screen will have a spaz attack, flying all over the screen like some crazed PC user. Must be some weird driver issue... oh well, I love my mouse. It accents my room nicely and is comfortable.

12. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

To be honest.. I love Microsoft peripherals.. I own several MS Natural keyboards and a MS Bluetooth mouse. Probably they should've done that Origami thing themselves, rather than letting Samsung and Asus do it...

13. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

The Kensington scroll mouse link to it here which to me is in the higher echelon of mice. Albeit, whoever supplies MS's mice make some decent ones.

I dislike MS and their bully tactics. So they don't get my money.

14. OCOTILLO thread starter macrumors regular

I actually bought the cheapest MS mouse I could find at Best Buy. All I wanted was the scroll wheel and third button to activate Dashboard. I am not a gamer. I like the Mighty Mouse better because it looks better and the scrolling is better (when it works). If Apple replaces it for me, I will use the MS mouse as a spare.

15. crazyfortech macrumors member

16. ke2000 macrumors member

lol. Logitech does that too.

17. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

You are forgiven, the first mouse that I ever liked was also a Microsoft mouse.

Right now I am using a Razer Pro. 7 buttons and can be used left or right handed. It also is the fastest most accurate mouse I have ever used. Now if only I could get a decent mouse pad for it it without paying a fortune it would be perfect.

18. mcmillan macrumors 6502

Well, despite what everyone is saying, I love my Mighty Mouse (is there a mice you can squeeze like that? :p ) but I must agree that Microsoft makes some nice mouses.

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'd argue that Logitech makes the best mice, but i suppose its really personal preference and opinion.

20. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Im using my old MS optical mouse again. The Mighty Mouse is going back to the Apple Store AGAIN tomorrow cause it's decided not to scroll down AGAIN. It just doesn't like the humid weather, I think a lot of gunk gets stuck on the sensors for the ball and it stops registering. Very annoying and poorly designed.

I'll see what happens tomorrow, if they replace it then that would be my third Mighty Mouse, if they refund me then I'm taking the money and sticking with this MS one. All I miss is the side scrolling, I suppose I could get a newer one but that would really be a waste of money.

21. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Whew.

Thought you were referring to the OS. I prefer Logitech. :D

22. Macitis macrumors newbie

Microsoft Mouse

Hey, good move. I love my Macs', however.....Keyboards are another matter.
    I first switched to a Logitech keyboard & mouse:eek: , that didn't work out, then to a Kensington keyboard & mouse:eek: . Still didn't work out. Then to a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. Now I couldn't be happier :) ;) :D :D :D

23. Macitis macrumors newbie

:confused: That should be mouse not mice and mice not mouses. Guess you were just kidding:)

24. OCOTILLO thread starter macrumors regular

Switched Back!

I went to the Apple store today where they replaced my defective Mighty Mouse. I am now using it again. I put the MS mouse away until/if I need it again. I really prefer the Mighty Mouse. Let's hope it lasts longer than my first one.