Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Just ordered a Dual 2.7 PowerMac with the 20" widescreen Apple Cinema Display.

This will be my first Apple since the 1984 Apple //c. It still works and I still use it to play some old school Jeopardy. :D

I can't wait for my new mac to come. It's like christmas waiting...

Hopefully I can survive.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Congratulations! Glad you made the move, and you've really made the move with the system you ordered.

Be sure to check back if you have questions once it comes in, we'll be here to help!

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
that is so nice. i need one to continue my career....

how much ram did you get? next top of the line i get im gonna max the ram within the first year. i cant see spending money on a system like that and not using it to its fullest potential. a performance raid as well for photoshop.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
yellow5 said:
Just ordered a Dual 2.7 PowerMac with the 20" widescreen Apple Cinema Display.

This will be my first Apple since the 1984 Apple //c. It still works and I still use it to play some old school Jeopardy. :D

I can't wait for my new mac to come. It's like christmas waiting...

Hopefully I can survive.

I purchased my first Mac in 1983 it was an Apple IIe. Long gone though. I'm dreaming of a new Power Mac myself. Patience is very important with Apple.

Hope that you got at least 1 GB RAM and Apple Care.

Will look forward to hear about the arrival.

yellow5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah I upgraded to 1GB of RAM(a steal for only $45), and will probably add more to later.

It should be here on Tuesday...I took a vacation day from work just so I could sign for it and get it all set up. I didn't get AppleCare for it yet, as I've only got AppleCare for my iPod and I don't really use it that often. Do you really think it's necessary?

I can't waitfor Tuesday!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
yellow5 said:
Yeah I upgraded to 1GB of RAM(a steal for only $45), and will probably add more to later.

It should be here on Tuesday...I took a vacation day from work just so I could sign for it and get it all set up. I didn't get AppleCare for it yet, as I've only got AppleCare for my iPod and I don't really use it that often. Do you really think it's necessary?

I can't wait for Tuesday!

I can certainly understand the enthusiasm. Tuesday will be here before you know it.

That is a great price on RAM.

Personally I think that AppleCare is very important. It provides some security.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
yellow5 said:

I can't waitfor Tuesday!

Yup, get it. It's a wonderful, but complex machine.

Sttesuhc

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2005
One more vote for Applecare.

I just like having some peace of mind, and if/when something happens, you'll feel like you're able to do everything possible to remedy the situation. The price seems minimal given the investment, and Macs are a wise investment, imo. Welcome to the club!

yellow5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
With all the suggestions to get AppleCare, I decided to check it out more...and I was really suprised to see that if you bought an Apple Display with your mac(which I did), that it too would also be covered.

That, combined with the awesome student discount, are reason enough to pick up the AppleCare.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.

Although it seems like Tuesday will never come...and FedEx doesn't nearly update thier tracking page as often as I would like! :D

Eluon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
I understand

I understand the excitement! I had to wait an entire month to get my iMac G5 when I ordered it. It was horrible. It arrived on time but I was out of town! Good luck and what an awesome machine!

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
You should be very pleased with your system.

It took me 7 years before I could afford to upgrade from my 300 MHz G3 tower (which still runs perfectly)

When you consider how much more computer you are getting compared to your old system, it's truly amazing.

It's hard to believe that the original cost of my 300 MHz beige G3 minitower with 8.5 GB SCSI drive, a whopping 64 MB of RAM and the stock 16 MB A/V Personality card and a CD ROM was ONLY $2593 (education) back in January of 1998

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
I waited 2-3 months for mine to arrive... SO PEOPLE QUIT BITCHING!!! :p

Although that was during a switch, I was going to get the middle model (DP1.8), but it had sold out, so the wait meant I got a middle model (DP2.0) for the same price abouts.. :)

yellow5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
I got it today!!

I've been hooking it up and loading it with my iTunes library and all of my files.

It's amazing, and super fast!

Pictures later!

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
yellow5 said:
I got it today!!

I've been hooking it up and loading it with my iTunes library and all of my files.

It's amazing, and super fast!

Pictures later!

awsome!! just be carefull with all that power, you dont want it going to your head!!!

congrats on the switch, and enjoy!!

yellow5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
macOSX-tastic said:
hey dude,

that is one sweet machine, you really made the switch in style!!!!

now....what are you going to use it for?

I'm a junior in college majoring in Graphic Design, and I also do some freelance work with a few companies.

I'm loving every minute of this machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.