I think I am stressed

Discussion in 'Community' started by barhnt, Mar 2, 2003.

1. barhnt macrumors member

Feb 27, 2003
    :confused: Alright here is my problem. I have been told that i will be giving 3 separte 1 and 1/2 hour lessons on how to use PowerPoint to all the teachers in my building. First of all the licenses have not come in to load the software, second it is much easier for me to talk in front of kids because they don't notice when you make a mistake, and third I am racking my brain putting together a PowerPoint Slide show on how to use PowerPoint!! how redundent is that????
    I just know something is goiong to go wrong with this and my boss will not be happy if it does. *runs to find a nice cold beer to combat the stress*

I need to find a really easy PowerPoint tutorial sight for the teachers to go to when they get stuck using the program... because i know they will .
  2. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

Jan 5, 2003
  3. barhnt thread starter macrumors member

Feb 27, 2003
    thankyou Macfan25... I hope I wont need more than luck to get through this...
  4. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    I have been there

Ususally you will end up explaining less of what you think.

1. Tell them why there is such thing as powerpoint and the uses of it and implementation.

2. How the thing works and a brief explanation of the interface.

3. Them how the software behave, slices, how import things, etc.

4. And make them do their own project with 4 slices.

Adults are easiera than kids, adults do not ask so many questions and pay more attention. The worst is to deal with teenagers, thy do think they are smarter than you.
  5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Jun 3, 2002
    I don't know, I've assisted in training teachers before. They are a tough bunch. No insult intended, but a lot of them are "technologically challenged". :D

I would suggest you beg your tech department to have one or two people in each seminar. I can guarantee you this: If the teachers are going to load the software on their machines themselves, some of them may mess up. If you have assistants, this will speed up the trouble shooting during the seminar. They can also walk around during the seminar helping people who get lost, or can't find a particular step that you are working on.

Mymemory is correct in stating they should make their own presentation. Nothing like real world training to show them how its done.

BTW, keep the whole thing simple. Stick to the basics. As for a website with tutorials, I don't know of any. I would suggest buying a book on MS Office, or Powerpoint. This would be a good beginning for you, and probably has links inside for you to refer to.
    Good luck.
  6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    Re: I have been there

see the thing is that usually the teenager IS smarter than his or her instructor especially when your talking about computer stuff, hehe.
  7. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    Have you considered Keynote instead?

IF you do the presentation WITH Keynote....and show how it's better and/or easier maybe you can use that instead... :D
  8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    it sounds liek here school is PC based and they all ready ordered powerPoint for all the comps. I suggest having everyone making sample ppts. just explore a few simple features make a new slide pica lside format pick a theme make bullets add a picture and animaiton if you have time. see how incoherent.
  9. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002