I think I have a mac virus...Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maxiseller, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Guys, I know this topic has been passed around by others, but I have a very strange situation.

I recorded 4 files for my Singing exam being taken tomorrow in Audio In on my ibook (with a hardware interface) in order to get the recordings from Analogue to CD. I labeled them : If I loved you, On the street where you live, Cry me a river & Tit Willow. All as different files. When I burned the disk, everything was fine. I've now transfered the disk to my emac and the screen shot lables the disk as "too fast, too loud, too old F**k off!" and the tracks are also labeled names that I have never seen before. What could possibly be the explination? Please help you guys. I have included shots for your perusal.

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

It just looks like that is the CD name that iTunes pulled up when it queried CDDB. It's not a virus, just that somehow there was another CD on CDDB that had almost exactly the same track lengths. Just type in the appropriate names, and you will be fine. :)

3. Maxiseller thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Oh thank god for that. I thought it was a little random. So is the CDDB not written into the CD itself then?

4. ACED macrumors member

ACED

just no taste...

... or perhaps you have a extremely rare emac with 'artifcial intelligence' switched on, that simply doesn't like your singing... :D

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Nope. The CDDB compares how long the tracks are and how many, and then tries to get a match from its on-line database.

6. Maxiseller thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

hehe...thanks for that. Luckily, the singing itself wasn't on the CD's so unless it's the rumblings of the piano it doesn't like... *hmm*

Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated.