I think I have just messed up!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Josephkyles, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Josephkyles macrumors regular

I think I formated the Mac side of my HD! Is this possible? When I hold Option during start up all I get is the windows option! How do I fix this?

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

uhhm, how long are you waiting? sometimes in OSX the windows partition doesn't show up right away, maybe 5 min later it does. also, what happens when you DONT hold option during startup?

3. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

oh, I can see windows fine. Its Mac OSX I don't see!

4. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

have you tried rebooting without holding down option?

5. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

6. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

i know, i was wondering how long you waited to see if the OSX side would come up, but since it looks like it goes to the windows side even when you dont do anything, i dont know what to tell you:eek:

7. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

Yep! I'm sure I screwed up! I'm going to reinstall i guess! Good thing I just made a backup moving from my powerbook to iMac. Although I'll have to redownload A Bugs Life!!

8. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

OH MY GOD! I am about to panic! I go to reinstall and thereis no volume to reinstall on!! What do I do?!

9. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

10. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

This isn't tech support. Don't flip out because no one answered your question in 5 minutes. If it's such a huge issue, call Apple.

11. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Message sent to my mailbox by the OP

First, I'd like to apologize for leaving a "snide" remark, that wasn't my intention. However, bumping your own thread is frowned upon, especially if only 5 minutes has elapsed. Keep in mind that this is not the Apple Tech Support Forum. That would be here: http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa . Macrumors is a private community and many users are happy to help. However, by leaving messages such as this in a users mailbox, you hinder your quest. I stand by what I posted previously. If the issue is out of your control, call Apple. Granted, they don't support Windows, but your issue seems to be OS X related. Take care.

12. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

In the OS X installation, run the disk manager or disk tools whatever its called. I think its in the tools menu. It sounds like when you installed Windows it repartitioned the drive. You need to repartition the hard drive. Select the option for 1 partition. Once done you should be able to install OS X to this new volume and then later use Bootcamp to create the Windows volume.

13. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular