I think I just broke up with my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm not even sure :D in a nutshell, me and Caroline don't see each other anymore. different universities, I'm in my 3rd year shes in the 2nd so we're very busy. We were supposed to meet up tomorrow for our anniversary, but because she didn't do her work (playing games at her mates house all the time :rolleyes: ) she's now saying that she has a big deadline on Monday. It was still there last week and all. Ah well.
    Since we last saw each other I've been very badly ill, on holiday and got an iMac. I just said "I can't do this anymore" and I've turned off my mobile phone.

She's such a great girl but we're too far away now. ah well.

we're both 20. been going out since 16 too. knew it was too good to last :) (i smile when I'm worried, heh)

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

I hope it turns out for the best.

Are you upset, sad, disappointed, hurt, relieved, confused, unaffected or something else?

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

That sucks, how far apart are you , distance wise?

I am currently doing the long distance thing, it's hard sometimes but it means when I see her it's extra special.

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I really don't know. My hands are shaking a little and my hears pounding. but I feel relieved that I might be able to carry on as normal now, maybe see girls who live just a little closer to home. but unhappy as... well I might go into it later. we were just very well suited to each other. We had similar thinkings I suppose.

distance? I live inbetween Manchester and Huddersfield, she currently lives at uni in Stoke-on-Trent. dunno how far it is exactly, 2 hours in the car about?

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

bloody hell that was quick. after a lovely argument on MSN I said "you might as well have one of the anniversary presents now then", a painting I did of the view from my window. And she replied with "I want you, you moose". Which I should probably find offensive.

The emotional rollercoaster continues.

edit: It really is back on now. hah. god people are so funny. anyways. back to life.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Not too far, but far enough I guess. The distance in my relationship, 1400 miles - may as well be a different planet. :)

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I commend you for that. That really is impressive. Suppose it'd help if I had a car, and you had a plane :eek:

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, a plane of my own would help. As it is, I am racking up a ton of frequent flyer miles :)

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

12500 kms (8000 miles) is my longest distance relationship. Oddly enough it broke down when I moved over there rather than when I was here and she was there.

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

So where are you 2 based then?

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

so it is back on now jimmi? good for you. Dont let distance screw things up. I am across Canada from my gf (its a big ass country as you know) but we have managed to keep things working for almost a year now despite only seeing eachother 3 weeks total. 37 days ;)

If I can make it with her being a 5 hour plane trip away, you can surely make it a 2hour road trip! ;) Come on man! Give'r hell!

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yup...if you still care about her, go to through hell and back to get her!

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Be nice if I had the money! silly iMac. why did it have to be so good. My part time job barely covers the course fee's. next year though - either joining my mates semi-semi-famous band or going into writing with another mate. money money money hah. well, enough for a car!

14. jamone80 macrumors regular

i dunno man, you said you have been with her since you were 16? i'm sure you care for her a lot but people change, especially during those years. you can't possibly like the same things you did back then, right?

another thing, you're still in college! thats the perfect opportunity to meet other girls and do a little dating. i'm in my last year in college and i fully understand that when i graduate, the number of girls i'll meet will drop dramatically! so you jus gotta take advantage of it right now, get it out of your system (not referring to anything vulgar).

15. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Omaha, Nebraska, USA and Boston, Massachusetts, USA.

Funnily enough, I was born and raised just outside of Manchester, in Wigan.

16. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

*refrains* :D

jamone80 = Thing is I don't want to be with anyone else. heh. It's that thing that links me and her again. I'll probably mention it someday. but not today.

17. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Well, raggedjimmi, things are turning around fast here. :) I hope you two figure it out.

It's not really something that everyone has to get out of their system. If you're happy with a girlfriend or boyfriend I don't see why you should break up just to go on a dating spree before it's too late, as you seem to say. It's not like having been around is a requirement for a fulfilling life. If he has a desire to get out there on the market and feels trapped, then I'd also say he should do it, but if not, then don't.

18. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Meh. TIme to move on. You have another year and a half of fun to have before graduation, so have it. If it's meant to be you'll get back with her after you both graduate. In the mean time date lots of girls and have an overall good time.

19. vniow macrumors G4

Some people just aren't so inclined to dating as much as others. Quality over quantity I say.

20. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Internet chat room, huh?
    Then she met you in real life :D

Seriously, though, those saying cut and run, roam free and taste life, probably aren't emotionally involved. Stick with the love of your life as long as they are that and you will have no regrets. Whatever it takes. If she really isn't interested anymore then, yes, things change, but don't do anything to preempt it yourself or this thread will become a lot longer.

21. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ha ha, every one's a comedian.

We dated for over a year at Uni till she moved to Canada for exchange and I moved a little later for work. I was going to marry that girl, internet chatroom my arse....

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If you are so well suited, don't give up just because you're apart for now.
    You didn't give up on Zelda because it got delayed for a year and a half, did you?

Wow. I just compared a girl to a video game :eek: That's...sad.

To the above discussion:
    Frankly, I find dating for fun to be silly. Dating is to find someone you get along with that you can spend the rest of your life with. I disagree with the "Oh, forget it and have fun dating for a year or two" assessment.

23. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

You say. I can't stop thinking of Napoleon Dynamite.

Peace out.

:D

24. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Ever notice that when you're having trouble with your girlfriend, attractive girls start comming out everywhere?

25. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Women like to toy with men's heads. You'll learn that in time, I'm sure. Women, as much as we need them for pleasure, are the enemy. Even if they're your soul mate, your one TRUE love, they're still the enemy!

Fight soldier! Fight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.