"I think I may need a bathroom break..."

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Don't panic, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

A reuters photographer yesterday caught president bush passing a note to condoleeza during thee UN session, asking if he could go to the bathroom.

Now before I get accused of not liking our mucho macho commander in chief (which I don't), there is nothing wrong in needeing a pee (although it's not clear why he would ask condi for permission).

It's not political, it's just funny.

Attached Files:

2. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Ha! That made me laugh out loud at my desk, causing a flurry of "What's so funny?"s over my way. :)

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

It's ok

I think it's ok to ask other people what their opinion is - especially when the topic is so delicate.

But when it comes to the decision whether or not to attack Iran or North Korea or any other country, I hope he will ask people who have a little more inspiration. :(

4. witness macrumors 6502

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think the question mark is esp. funny - as if he wasn't sure and was asking her....

6. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Just goes to show you who wears the pants in that organization...can't even take a leak without asking permission. What a tool.

7. mpw Guest

Anybody else think it's odd that a photo journalist was allowed to photo the documents and notes of the POTUS at a UN meeting?

8. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

this made me laugh SO hard, just imaging what is going through bush's head and the stupid look on his face lol....

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

10. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

What makes it so funny is the "I think I may need" part. What, you don't *know* if you have to use the bathroom? Usually I know, but I'm not the President.

11. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

He could have been using a zoom lens.. still, like MattG said it's hilarious that he didn't know if he needed a break or not. You would have hoped he would have written something more... decisive. :)

12. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Try following the link on the word note

I guess no one has told him to go to the bathroom before he leaves :D

"I think..." what is there to think about? whether to pee or not to pee.

Of course, this meeting is quite important so he didn't wanted to miss anything (not like he notices anything else).

13. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

that's what i thought initially (still funny) but it's from reuters and has been picked up by a lot of news sources, including BBC. And reuters confirmed it's not a hack.

14. mpw Guest

I think the Secret Service would have that angle covered too, it's not so much that the photographer got the shot it's that he's allowed to disclose it. I thought the photographers in places like the UN/White House would be vetted/approved/controlled.

15. mpw Guest

I want to see Rice's reply...."Why didn't you go before? You'll have to hold it." or "You ****ing idiot, you're a ****ing embarrassment to our country"

16. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

My three year old told me he had to go pee pee this morning as well. I guess he has reached Bush's level of maturity.

I thought it would take at least until he turned 4! :D

17. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

George Bush probably isn't potty trained yet- hence he's asking Rice to take him.

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Probably simply to be discreet. By passing a note to an aide, that aide can then call a break in the meeting/briefing to spare the President's blushes. I've no doubt politicians and the like do this kind of thing all the time – I remember reading once that the Queen uses her handbag as a signal to her aides, so if she's holding it in a particular way she's signaling a particular want or need. Of course, it wouldn't be for a loo break – everyone knows the Queen doesn't go to the toilet. ;)

19. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

I have no idea what the meeting was about, but Bush could have been asking Condi if they should strategically take a break, with some simple excuse of having to use the bathroom.

As much as I dislike Bush, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about his every action.

20. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

But... but... that's no fun! ;)

21. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I bet the victims of Hurricane Katrina who were left stranded in New Orleans for all that time wish they could have had a bathroom break. Just one more example of the heartlessness of this administration. :mad:

22. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

23. Don't panic thread starter macrumors 603

Don't panic

you want to try the other leg, Lyle? ;)

24. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Well what do you know? I guess it is real.

25. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Why must you spoil my fun? I thought for sure I could get someone to bite. ;)

But seriously, I don't have any doubt that the photo is authentic (although snopes.com is still undecided). I just think it's more of a comment on the photographer's juvenile sense of humor.