I think I messed up, please help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wrdabney, Jan 25, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I was trying to move my itunes library to an external hard drive and was having problems. I had all the files on the hard drive but something wasnt working right so i imported them all back into itunes and deleted them off of the hard drive so I could try the process over again. But, I forgot to change the media file to something besides my external hard drive before I did this. Have I deleted all of my files? When I click on one to try and play it says cannot find file and they all have exclamation points beside them. I still have everything on my iphone, so, can i restore all of my files from my phone? Any help is appreciated.

2. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Mac or PC?

Can you pick a song at random and use the OSes built in search (Windows Search or Spotlight) to try and find the file?

B

3. thread starter macrumors member

It's a pc. I can use the search and it finds the file in some random place and it doesn't have a normal file name. It's under system 32 or some random thing like that. But it doesn't appear to be able to play the file

4. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Sounds like you might have deleted your files. :( Have you tried copying a file to a new file with the right extension?

B

5. thread starter macrumors member

So if I did delete them is there any way to restore them onto iTunes off of my phone?