I think I might have West Nile Virus

Discussion in 'Community' started by DakotaGuy, Aug 30, 2003.

1. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Has anyone gotten it on the message boards? I have never been sick like this before. I have splitting headaches, fever, very weak spells, my glands are puffy. It is almost like when I had Mono, but the headaches are worse, but the same dizzy in and out spells. Fever is high and I just ache all over with some rash. I think I am going to the doctor soon, but there is no cure I guess. Does anyone else know what symptoms are? I know my body pretty well, but this is different.

There have been more cases in my county then any other in SD. My town is 350-375 and one old guy died at the Nursing Home last week from it. I did something stupid a week or two ago and went outside for awhile and let myself get all bit up. Oh well I will keep you posted.

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

well, I suggest that if you even THINK you MIGHT have it, you check yourself into the emergency room on the double.

It's better to be safe than sorry, and being alive next week is worth the expense.

3. xpormac macrumors regular

it can be treated....its not that bad unless your elderly. Its been media hyped, its not that bad ;)

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Yeah, go to the emengency room if you feel you have it. But then again its so media-hyped that maybe your jus thinkin that you have it. Maybe you have some other deisease?

5. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

maybe it's a tumor...

IT'S NOT A TUMOR!!! LOL

No seriously...

I thought I had mono once for a whole year... just turned out I was really bored.

Hope you feel better!!

6. xpormac macrumors regular

lmao....

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah really...

lol.

You head swells.

That is the biggest symptom.

But really... um should atleast see a doctor.

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Either you have it or the media has everyone so damn panicked over nothing that you think you have it.

This whole "epidemic" is blown incerdibly out of proportion.

9. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Last year it was Louisiana's turn for the epidemic. This year they cannot figure out why there are so few cases. I think that probably a majority of the population had the virus last year. (just very few showed signs of it.) I know I had some unexplained headaches around that time, and so did my family.

So if you are showing symptoms that are severe enough to interrupt your day, go straight to the Doctor.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think it mainly affects the elderly and little kids the worst, but if you feel that sick you should go to the doctor anyway and get checked out. Hope you feel better.:)

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Last summer I was in DC during the whole "Epidemic" hype, and we're walking down the street and there's this big dead crow laying in the gutter.. and next to it is a sign "Do not touch, the Authorities have been notified." So my friend Eric picked the bird up and wore it as a hat.. he didn't get west nile.

I wouldn't worry about it, but just to be on the safe side.. dont go around kissing old women, okay?

12. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Those seem to be the symptoms. Dont play around--go to the doctor!

Could be meningitis?

13. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

I used to live in a place in England that got the media name Death Valley. It had the highest incidence of meningitis in the country by a mile, and is now the HQ of the Meningitis Trust.

Around the same time there were a freak number of incidences of a cannibalistic virus in the town too. Like the equivalent of what statistically should have occurred over 200 years happened in a month! Seriuosly, a woman got on the train in Stroud and 8 hours later she was dead in Scotland. My doctor actually had his leg amputated within a few hours of his toes being mangled by the virus.

To rub salt in the wound of the local health authorities, a woman went on holiday to India, got bitten by a dog, and when she got back home feeling unwell, she went to the hospital but they never twigged she might have rabies. I cant remember if she died, but she was rabbid and pretty pissed off I think at the lack of diagnosis.

AND at the same period, a woman pronounced dead in the hospital actually woke up.

Im serious. It was a great time to be living there. We had such a reputation. I went to the doctors where I was at college at the time complaining of a really bad flu, with terrible headaches. I was well peed off when he started asking how my family was. Excuse me, you dont know my family and Im the one who feels like death. He had seen on my records that I was a Stroud freako, and was just checking I didnt have meningitis. I guess he didnt want the publicity.

14. DakotaGuy thread starter macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I forget to update, yes I did have West Nile and it raised hell on me, but I am now feeling much better and am back to work. Just thought I would let you all know.

15. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

That's good news. If you havn't taken our advice you would have died!;) :) :D :cool: :eek: