I think I saw a UFO!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Music_Producer, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Seriously, I'm friggin freaked out right now.. I mean, I am a really logical person and I tried every possible explanation.. but nothing fits. At approximately 8.20 pm in Hesperia, California.. I saw this bright light in the sky. You know one of those huge flashlights that you can get at home depot.. the yellow ones? Huge circle of light.. would swirl around real slow. I stopped the car, looked at it.. wasn't a chopper for sure.. that light was HUGE!!! I tried to think, maybe a sea harrier jet? Yeah sure, in hesperia.. well we do have Edwards air force base nearby but no.. that light was so big I mean, and it was far away so it had to be a bloody big thing.

After a few swirls, it just disappeared, like someone switched it off!!! :eek: What the heck?!!!! I'm gonna stay out tonight with my digi cam and hopefully get some pix (if it comes back) anyone had that experience before? I mean I've seen it on tv and I always thought it was all hogwash.. but nothing, and I mean nothing can explain what I just saw.

2. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Rocket launch for a secret Pentagon satellite ...

4. Err macrumors member

with these fuel prices! i think not! ;)

5. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Once I was at a drive-in movie in MT that got out at about 2am. My bro and I were packing up our stuff and we looked to the north. There was a pale green light streaking (it had a tail like a comet) slowly across the the Northern sky. It looked pretty close, about like a low flying plane coming in for a landing and we could even hear it (the airport was in the opposite direction; a plane would have crashed into the mountain on that path). There were no engine sounds, but you could hear it "gliding" in the wind. It was a pretty big green light, that travelled for about the longest 5 seconds of my life, then went behind a low cloud and made kind of a poofing sound with a bright flash and disappeared. I'm sort of convinced it was some sort of meteor, but none like I've ever seen before or since. :confused:

6. mac-er macrumors 65816

You did see a UFO. You saw a flying object that you could not identify.

Unidentified Flying Object

Are you sure it wasn't a search light? You know, really big flashlight that moves around in circle? ;)

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I read this post was this:
    [​IMG]
    ?

...hehe.. I love the simpsons.

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You sure? Absolutely nothing? Not even a nearby air force base? :D

9. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

FYI, the big flying light in the sky is called the moon! :p ;)

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Being in that section of California, you are not too far (by air) from the infamous Skunk Works that brought us the the SR-71 and the F-111. From what I have been told by those in the "know" in the DC area - there are so many other "projects" that never see the light of day.

But add me to the numbers that believe in UFO's. In my youth I saw an "aircraft" that performed a perfect 90 degree turn in the night sky.

11. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Heh, sounds like something you would see on Unsolved Mysteries - be cool if we could play the theme song in this thread....;)

But that does sound very intriguing. Hopefully "it" will reappear so you can get some pics of it :rolleyes:

btw, the ":rolleyes:" is not meant to be sarcastic, but rather look up at the sky.

12. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

They're finally here! Everyone, get your tinfoil hats and head towards water! :eek:

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You kidding...

This is the military ... they scoff at these high prices and willingly pay more.
    I hope not, that would mean the rocket is falling back to Earth. :eek:

14. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Was the moon behind the clouds, or in front of them? ;)

15. Music_Producer thread starter macrumors 68000

LOL I know what the moon looks like! And if the moon started to move slowly and disappear, I think you would freak too! Ok I have a picture on my motorola cell phone and the bloody thing doesnt have bluetooth. I am gonna figure out how to transfer it to my powerbook so i can post it here.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

Should be a bunch of pictures of the launch now.

17. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Just email it yourself in a text message.

18. paperinacup macrumors 6502

Hah this is so funny since I was talking to my grandmother while she was driving through Chino and she saw something like that in the sky then she said it disappeared.

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well of course there are aliens out there, but I wonder if anybody on Earth has actually seen one, or a spaceship or something. :confused:

Not that I disbelieve you, but you sound like Tom Cruise trying to sell me a religion or something. :p

20. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If Aliens wanted to visit earth without making their presence known, why would they have a huge bright yellow light on?

21. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

What you just described sounds exactly what I saw many years ago when I was a soldier.
    We were doing desert warfare training at Fort Irwin California; the National Training Center.
    My squad was on patrol and we saw exactly as you described. It FREAKED us out.
    Later, we were told it might've been a missle that was aborted from one of the many test ranges in Southern California.

22. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

If "nothing" can explain it, then it can't be explained, but it sounds like you think "something" can explain it, and that something would be extraterrestrial life that rides spaceships that skirt the rules of physics.

I'll never understand why people think it's a more logical conclusion that aliens are flying around on our planet than to think that some 13 yr. old invented an anti-gravity spaceship in his basement. Many people critically analyze things to the depth of a puddle and then claim it's some unknown force (instead of just admitting they don't know). Same thing is happening with these nutty Intelligent Design followers. If the answer isn't smack in front of your face, then it must be Aliens, God, ghosts, Bigfoot, or the Tooth Fairy.

You saw something very cool that you can't explain. Enjoy it.

23. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

One evening at sunset in South Carolina, I saw these clouds that were brighter than the others, almost straight above me. As the sun continued to set and the clouds by the setting sun got more and more orange and red, the ones above me got brighter and brighter. Finally, the sun set completely and the clouds above me were pure white on a quickly darkening sky. It was very strange and very cool..

I later found out that there was an evening launch of the Space Shuttle down in Florida and what I saw were the very high exhaust clouds (what's the proper name for those things?) still catching the light of the sun after it fell blow the horizon.

I also saw what I think were the aurora borealis outside of Philadelphia a number of years ago, not dramatic, yet undeniably bizarre..

24. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

The only time I've seen something I can't explain is once driving I (and two people riding with me) saw a shiny spherical object in the sky, sort of like a pinball. It wasn't a reflection and we still saw it for probably about 10 miles. What's most interesting about this is the Mexico City sighting, which is supposed to be the most believable sighting I guess, was of an object very similar to what I saw.

Where's a theremin when you need one?

25. emw macrumors G4

emw

Sweet - many times when I'm outside at night I'll look up and try to see something unusual. Not sure how I'd feel if I actually saw something, but I for one believe that the likelihood that we have been visited by beings from outside our planet is fairly high.

But I'm just weird that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.