I think isight is too big!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macapple, Jun 10, 2005.

1. macapple macrumors member

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

3. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

its no too big, your monitors too small...

j/k
    :)

4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

It's unlikely you'll find a smaller camera with as high of quality.

5. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Is there a way that you can use a DV Camcorder to act as an iSight in iChat?

Mike

6. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

You can videoconference with a DV camcorder in iChat. It should be plug in play; my friend has used one to chat with me, quality has been quite good. Getting it somewhere with a good viewing angle is a bit of a pain, but other than that, it should be more than sufficient.

7. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

I agree that when you put the iSight with a 12 inch PowerBook or some other small screen, it does look too big, but put it with a 20, 23, or 30 inch ACD, and the size is perfectly fine.

8. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

I have a fujifilm FinePix6800, it is ment to have drivers on a cd for mac and windows, but will it work with ichat on a mac? i will be buying an ibook soon and was thinking of using this as a webcam, will this not be possible?

i assumed (possibly wrongly) that any webcam digital camera would work out of the box, just like on xp.

9. macapple thread starter macrumors member

my old winblows laptop had a built in camera which was cool but the quality was crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should make a HD isight

10. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Amen! :) I LOVE MY ISIGHT.

11. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

IT is the year of HD , so your wish may be granted. :D

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

It won't work out of the box. You'll have to find drivers (IOEXPERTS.com has good ones) and then download that iChatUSB plugin. What happen with Apple I've noticed is tat A) they develop a product B) Discontinue said product C) allow universal compatibility with similar competing products.

Happened with their printers and Digital cameras - as today you can use practically any printer and any digital camera with a Mac sans drivers. So as soon as the iSight is discontinued, expect Apple to allow compatibility for all webcams ;)

13. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

They need to update the isight. I dont know about a HD isight, would be cool, but... who knows. isight update, along with a airport exresss update, get the 2 button mouse out, and whatever else. :D

14. macapple thread starter macrumors member

i think they need to make a two butten mouse with a scroller coz ctrl clicking is so annoying