I think it's time...Powerbooks Next Tuesday?™

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lorkp, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lorkp macrumors member

I'm dying to buy a computer for school. I leave on the 17th and I need to have it before then. Let's say for some reason, I bought my 12" PB today at a brick and morter. It looks like online store is pushing back the estimated ship dates. If an updated one comes out next Tuesday, would they let me trade my powerbook in for a new one?

Also I want to gather a consensus on whether I should wait until next Tuesday. If it did come out on Tuesday, I'd have to wait a couple days until they arrived in stores! :D

2. vniow macrumors G4

NO.

3. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

We need a new forum on the MR forums page called "Next Tuesday".

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I don't think it's time either. Probably not until at least late September. And by the way, hasn't this be discussed before.? Like here, here, and here.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Good idea that way we can put all this similar posts in the same place. Oh, wait. Don't we already have that? :D

7. lorkp thread starter macrumors member

Why don't y'all think it's going to happen?

8. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I think if the PowerMac and iBook updates are anything to go by, there won't be very exciting updates until the Intel switch.

I think the Powerbook line at the moment is fine and I love mine to bits. I find it hard to imagine and update will come soon and even if one does, it won't be very exciting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.