I think my computer's gone wrong :-D

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thomasp, Nov 9, 2005.

1. thomasp macrumors 6502a

Just got this while installing an Office update on OSX10.4.2 :D Add up the top two lines, and see what's wrong :D

Attached Files:

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Wow! You are using about 150% of your clock!! I'd repair permission. You may want to call apple and see if they say anything about it. Hope it's not some hardware problem.

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I'm assuming you've got a single processor machine. That kind of an activity monitor report is perfectly normal for a dual CPU Mac. Total CPU use adds up to 200% (assuming both CPUs are maxed), and individual processes can use more than a 100%, meaning they're using more capacity than just one CPU provides.

Anyway, it's probably some kind of math bug in activity monitor. I'd just try restarting.

4. thomasp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm on a single-processor 15" 1.5GHz G4 Powerbook, on OSX10.4.2.

I repaired permissions last week, and that's the first time I've ever seen anything like that. I'm pretty sure it was just a one-off glitch with Activity Monitor and MS Update installer. Current CPU usage is about 15% now :D

The AutoUpdater took forever to check for updates, and the MS Crash Reporter always seems to crash when Word crashes :D So, I'm pretty sure it was a fault with the MS Software.

It was writing to the HD at that point, at about 30Mb/sec.

I posted that more as a humourous thing, rather than a "help!!!!!!!!!!" thing :)

5. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

i had another weird glitch where my battery monitor or something was off and it said I had 218:30 until 0% when I really only had like 2:00

6. thomasp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I often get that for about 5 seconds after waking up from sleep with the power adapter disconnected.. Although I never have more than 150 hours.