I think my iPod 5G is dying!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by saltahan, Jul 25, 2006.

1. saltahan macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2006
    recently my ipod is not doing so well.

it was working perfectly till i started exchanging some files from my hard drive to the iPod. it had an effect on osx that slowed everything right down even the tool bar at the base of the screen took a second to pop up and then gittered through the icons.

it is formatted on window's with the most up to date version, i have tried to do a reset (holding menu and centre button) which didnt help. I have also tried to format the hard drive but the problem still persists!

when i tried to transfer 3gb of files to my other window's box via usb 1.1 its stated a good 66 minutes!

any idea's?? or is it time to call mr apple technican guy??

ive prepaired for the worse so all is backed up!

2. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    im pretty sure ipods arent meant to be used in that way lol. then, i have a 1stG iPod... so i dont know
  3. exabytes18 macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2006
    Suburb of Chicago
    Is it the iPod (does it play music, videos, etc alright) or your computer? 66 minutes to transfer 3GB over 1.1 doesn't sound all that unrealistic.
  4. ehayut macrumors member

Jun 29, 2005
    That sounds about right. When I originally transferred. 12GB over 1.1, it took about 4 hours....

I've since bought a new computer :p
  5. adk macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2005
    Stuck in the middle with you
  6. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    uhh i'm pretty sure it's fine, you can store anything you want on them without effecting it at all,
    theyre just like an external HDD.