I think my Ipod died!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Reaver, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Reaver macrumors 6502

I was listening to my first gen Ipod nano and it froze up on me. it is stuck on a song and the back light is on and wont go off I have tryed to reboot it as the manual says and nothing I have only had this Ipod since June of this year.

what should I do it is registered and I think I am still with in my warranty.

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

3. Reaver thread starter macrumors 6502

if I send it back will they send me a new style nano or the same style?

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Dont want to sound condescending but you havent just caught the hold switch have you?

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Not entirely sure, I'd think if they still have the old style in stock they'd give you that. But then it's possible they'll give you the new style. Either way, if they agree to give you a replacement, you're getting a new nano, and you're at least as well off as you were before.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Have you conected it to your computer and done a Restore in iTunes. This will wipe everything on the Nano so you will have to re-sync afterwards but it often solves your issues.

My 4G iPod appeared dead recently (diagnostic mode said the harddrive was bad). An overnight format writing zeros to the disk and a restore and it's working perfectly again...

7. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

That happened a few times with my 3G ipod (The one that first had the clickwheel). It was annoying, you could not switch it offand nothing responded, not even connecting it to a computer. All i could do was wait til the batteries ran out. After i recharged it it would be fine. The third time this happened i'd had enough and took it back to the shops. I managed to exchange it for a video ipod about two weeks after it came out. Not had a problem since.

8. Reaver thread starter macrumors 6502

no I didnt hit the hold switch I got it restored and it has happend twice since the first time I am going to contact apple and send it back.

9. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Have you run the battery down until there is no charge left and then recharged it??
    It is best to give Apple a call and get it replaced though.

10. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

It could be itunes 7 thats causing this. My mini was working fine until itunes 7, then all of a sudden it would tell me the battery is empty when I knew there was still plenty of charge left. Just a few minutes before writing this my mini won't respond to anything at all. I'll leave it plugged in the charger and see if that will do anything, but this truly sucks. I was avoiding to buy anything since I'm holding out for the video Ipod.