I think theres a problem with my case..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Feb 25, 2006.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    Ive had this problem for a long time.. I have an iMac g5 2.0 ghz.. sometimes i hear like this buzzing vibration noise, the type u hear like when theres high voltage wiring.. It all started happening after i got my computer back from compusa when it was being fixed.. I finally figured out that it was coming from my back panel of the imac..the bottom center.. When i like clamp the case together with my fingers the vibration stops.. I can feel that the middle of the case isnt sitting fully on the front of the computer.. When i tighten the screws the noise goes away for a while. What can i do? The noise doesnt happen all the time, just sometimes..
  2. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    I would take your iMac back to them or to an Apple Retail Store if one is near by and have the back of the case attached. I don't believe a 2GHz iMac is one where the user can take the back off like the Rev A iMac G5's so you better not try fixing it yourself. Either place should fix it for free, if not then do some bitching to get your way.