I think this matches quite nicely with the MBP!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FragTek, Aug 12, 2006.

1. FragTek macrumors 6502

Just picked up this nice little (well, little might be the wrong word here) number, and I must say it compliments the MBP's colors very nicely, whatcha think? :)

[​IMG]

2. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

3. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

Why what?

4. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Well why purchase a gun? I mean surely theres enough gun problems in the world as it is, theres no need to support it!

5. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Isn't it a bad thing it says "Israel Military Industries" on the side?

6. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

You live in the UK, nothing I could do to explain it would register with you. So I'll save my breath and useless key strokes.

@ChrisG: Why would that be a bad thing?? Israel are our allies, and they make one helluva fine weapon.

7. Spaceman Spiff macrumors regular

Ah, our lovely southern neighbours... Always reinforcing the stereotypes.

8. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Of course it wouldn't register, I mean its not like we have gun crime here either? No, we use pea shooters and slingshots!

Why does living in America make you so high and mighty that you think you can't explain owning a gun? It shouldn't be allowed! I know, I know living in the deep south its hard, what with that crazy amount of crime, so much so it warrants the use and possession?!

Do you actually have a reason for owning it? Or is it just one of those ol'deep south Virginia traditions?

I'm not trying to pick you off, but the point is that owning a gun means one thing, you intend to use it and thats just plain wrong unless you have a valid reason.
    Secondly, to parade that on a public forum so candidly, what kind of reaction were you expecting? "Oh wow, what a weapon, I bet you could take out blah, blah , blah!"

Honestly

9. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

10. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

The problem here is that you're too narrow-minded to realize that shooting is actually a SPORT by tradition. My father happens to work on the top floor of NRA headquarters, thus my families values revolve heavily around guns. My entire family consists of avid hunters, and target match shooters. It's like you think the only purpose for a gun is to shoot someone else? Pffft, please. The personal protection value on the other hand is definately an added bonus. I carry a gun in my vehicle, I keep one under my bed, and a shotgun behind my front door. This is for personal protection, if I have the weaponry I may as well set myself up to use them with lethal force if absolutely NECESSARY. If someone breaks in to my home for any reason, they get capped, and that's exactly what they deserve. I'm not going to risk my own life for a second because some dumbass thought it would be a good idea to break in to my home for whatever intentions he may have, including the possibility of bodily harm/murder among other things.

Besides all of that, I hunt about every other week for whatever might be in season and also compete locally in sharp shooting competitions. Because it's FUN! Plain and simple shooting sports are fun, VERY fun. It's the one thing in my life that I really truely enjoy doing. I didn't think that by posting this I'd get a bunch of liberal ******** slung at me for being a gun owner. I suppose I should have thought about it a bit more beforehand perhaps, as the majority of computer users are tree-hugging hippy liberals.

11. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

well i wont speak on moral values here, but i will agree that shooting is considered a sport, i used to go to shooting ranges all the time when i was younger, my dad used to take me.

and saying things like "isnt that a bad thing that it says israel military.. " no of course it's not a bad thing, don't make it sound like they are our enemies.

and to the OP, nice choice ;) a desert eagle is one amazing hand-gun.

please just don't use it on anyone because you'll blow a hole through them that you can stick your fist through. :)

12. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Well, I'm not encourageing the idea of a gun, but that one is nice.

13. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I can't believe the reaction a picture like this brought up. People buy guns to protect themselves and to use for sport.

My father has a gun locked somewhere in a safe in the house, but that doesn't make him a dangerous person by any means. The only reason he keeps a gun in our house is to protect his family. If god forbid someone breaks into our home, that gun will be able to help keep us safe.

It's insulting and disgusting what a negative reaction owning a gun brings these days.

14. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

My main question is why would you risk scratching your MBP by putting the gun on it unprotected?!

15. iGary Guest

iGary

If you were hoping to stroke your ego by showing everyone what a bad mo fo you are for having a DE .50, I think you failed.

16. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

FWIW, I like both of your metallic gadgets!

Nice job! :D

17. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

So that's a really nice weapon, and I've no objection to guns (coming from a family that owned a farm, butchers and had a couple of active hunters in it). I occasionally went shooting a while ago, but not recently.

But, while the 'added bonus' of personal protection is there, it's actually counter intuitive. it's been shown that the best way to remove an intruder is to make a heck of a lot of noise and avoid direct confrontation. if you are face to face, just announce that the police have been called but you're not going to make any effort to stop them leaving.

Alternatively, you can draw a weapon into the situation. All this will do is escalate it. Primarily because of fight or flight, higher brain functions are suppressed so reasoning and logic fly out of the window. They will fight for their life, using whatever they can. If they happen to have a weapon, then it's whoever is quicker - not who's morally right.

There is then of course the psychological impact of killing someone. Answers like "if they were in my house i wouldn't care" will not be accepted.

AppleMatt

18. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

FragTek, I wish my balls were as big as yours. One day I hope to own a gun like that so others will think I'm tough and cool.

In all seriousness mate, I'd get this thread deleted if you can. You've just lost a whole lotta respect.

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yea because guns and laptops go hand in hand.....can't have my laptop without my DE on my side.

Hope you took the extra bullet out the canon...wouldn't want you to clap yourself

Bless

20. Cowinacape macrumors regular

+1! I like to use guns and Macs, owning them doesn't make you a bad person, contray to popular belief with some people, hell I have enough of them that I had to build a small room to keep them and my other shooting equipment in.

21. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Yeah nice gun. Don't see why you need one but whatever

22. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

What is wrong with "tree-hugging hippy liberals"?
    & tree huggers that aren't liberals
    & liberals that aren't tree huggers.

23. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

Read attached... :)

And thanks to the other gun owners on the forum/in this thread, at least you have a bit sense.