I thought Apple wasn't going to do this? (iTMS Thread)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iJon, Sep 16, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well i was browsing through the new music and saw this. now i have seen this and i am curious. now i have seen cds for sale for individual song purchase, but as album only. i thought this is the reasons some bands didnt tag along or is it just strictly having the whole album purchase and not single downloads.

iJon

Attached Files:

2. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

If I remember correctly, artists (or labels) have the option of offering songs over seven minutes as 'album only.' I think this was revealed when the indie labels were given the terms of participation in the iTMS.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i think i know the problem here ...your a 17 year old guy search for prince.....actually its been like this since day one for certain artists try searching for the original American Pie..

4. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

yeah yeah , kiss my ass keith :D. acutally i was just looking at my apple email showing new music and i noticed that. but that 7 minute thing makes sense i guess. i was just curious.

iJon

5. cfountain72 macrumors member

Re: I thought Apple wasn't going to do this? (iTMS Thread)

Actually, I don't think I've seen this before. In the past, the "Album Only" message always meant you had to buy the whole "album" to get that song. In this case, however, you can't buy "1999" (look for yourself). If you can't have the song, why don't they just leave it off the songlist, like they did with Track 2?