I thought I was finally done with VPC!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by booee, Jun 8, 2003.

1. booee macrumors newbie

I have been using VPC 6 to run business specific program on my Mac. When I heard the program was becoming web based I was estatic. However when I logged in with Safari it said "this site was specifically designed for Internet Explorer versions 5.5 or greater. Your browser version is not supported." I then tried IE for Mac - same thing. Any suggestions - is there any word on IE 6.0 for Mac?

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

go download omniweb, i believe omniweb will allow you to make your browser act as a broswer of your choice, even ie of windows.

iJon

3. booee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks iJon, I tried Omniweb but it doesn't work. If I set it to anything other than IE 5.5 or 6.0 (windows) I get the error... If set on IE 5.5 or 6.0 I get a blank screen. Any other suggestions?

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

not really, i would just try different browsers, it couldnt hurt. you could also use you bug report button and let apple know, as well as emailing the site you are trying to use and see if they can give you some info.

iJon

5. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

if it uses ActiveX controls (stupid because of insecurity) then you are stuck with a PC. if not, then you can get Camino to masquerade as 6.0 and it should work fine.

6. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

as an option on my debug menu in safari i can set safari to act as IE explorier 6.0........

u gota get the debug menu to get it. i forget how to get it.......somebody here should know how

7. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

You need Safari Enhancer. I believe it is on Versiontracker.

8. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

no u dont, cuz i dont have safari enhancer, i did something in terminal, but i forget, i dont really have a memory:D .....safari enhancer would probably be easer thow.......

9. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

1st, make sure that Safari is closed all the way

2nd. open Terminal and type/paste in this exact command:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

And if for any reason you want to get rid of it again, just type that command again with 0 instead of 1.