I thought this was a pretty neat video

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Airforce, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

AF1 just got WTFPWNED! I bet the Prez. was all OMGWTFBBQ?!?!11?!?ELEVEN! Lollerskates.

Er, nicely done. Would be interested in seeing how it was made.

3. Airforce thread starter macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Yes, big time. Go, somewhere, away.

4. iGav macrumors G3

5. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    are you ****ing kidding me? that's nuts! brilliant, but nuts!

damn, tagging any aircraft like that is tough these days, let alone AF1...

craaaazy

6. iGav macrumors G3

You can imagine them all sitting round a table the night before...

<Begin Charlie Croker Accent>Hang on lads, I've got a great idea.</End Charlie Croker Accent>. heheh. :p

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Grande cojones

I wonder if he got a visit from the SS (that's Secret Service, of course:p ).

8. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If you go to the stillfree.com web site, click on "more links", and click on the legal disclaimer it says it's fake.

I was actually impartial to Mark Ecko and whatever his "thing" was but after watching the video of why he tagged air force one and him stating that he did tag air force one only to hide the truth in a legal disclaimer... well... now I really just dislike him. Why state it as fact in your grand speech only to hide in a legal disclaimer that it's fake? He could have said, "And that is why I made this tape making it look like I tagged Air Force One". I just don't get it.

9. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Unless he really did do it and only put the disclaimer there to stop from getting in trouble... Oh, wait, I think the secret service would probably know if AF1 got tagged or not...

Still, though, I think the video was well put together as far as realism goes.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I would imagine the Secret Service would not be too keen to admit that it happened - if it did - so his statement would relieve them of the duty of having to arrest him and explain how they screwed up so badly. It could be a very clever manoeuvre.

11. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I agree it was a well made video. I just think the fact that he afterwards lied and then posted in a legal disclaimer ruins his credibility somewhat. Then again I'm not a graffitti enthusiast and I'm sure he doesn't really care about his credibility with me anyway... :)

Could be but... I'm sure some reporter would be all over it if it was real and while I have a lowered respect for Marc Ecko I don't think he is an idiot. Running up to Air Force One in the middle of the night in all black isn't exactly the safest thing in the world. I don't know 100% sure if he'd be shot on sight but he'd certainly be detained for a while and I don't think the public would feel sympathy towards him.

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

13. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Regardless of where AF1 was at the time, homeboy wouldn't have gotten any closer than 100 feet without being pumped full of lead. If it were possible for a person to actually approach AF1 in that manner, do you not think that some terrorist would have done it already?

But the screenshot on the webpage does look pretty good. You have to give him props for that.

14. Airforce thread starter macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Oh yea, each fence is loaded with sensors, as well as ground sensors on the opposite side. I think it's about 6 or 7 systems that actually run the fences on most bases. I'm not a VIIDS guy, but I've heard a little bit about it. Not a chance in hell anyone would get that close without being caught, but still entertaining :cool: