I took one for the team...

Discussion in 'Community' started by agreenster, Mar 7, 2003.

1. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I ordered a 1Ghz TiBook today. I just couldnt wait any longer. I think I will be happier using an actual laptop (knowing beforehand of the rave reviews its received) than waiting and waiting for the 15inch ALbook to be announced and waiting and waiting even longer for it to be actually shipped.

I sold my 550 for this, which was an AWESOME computer aesthetically, so I cant wait to get the power of the L3Cache, 64MB video card, and 1gHz processor to go along with it.

Edit: Not to mention a DVD burner, higher Res Display, and AirPort card...

2. job macrumors 68040

job

congrats on the purchase.

i'm planning on upgrading late 2003/early 2004. my old imac DV just isn't cutting it anymore.

i'm probably going to go for the best tower offerings at either MWNY or MWSF, depending on when they upgrade. I'll have close to 2700 dollars to spend, so i'm thinking middle range tower with double ram, slightly larger HD, and a viewsonic 17" lcd.

well see what happens if the 970s are used by apple. ;)

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

careful, you're not supposed to display any common sense when dealing with soon-or-later-to-be-updated-products on MR...

the unspoken rule is to wait as long as you have to, complaining the whole while, so you can get that new upgrade when it's released.

i'm with you tho, i bought an iPod at the beginning of the year when updates were starting to be heavily rumored. and look, over two months later, no updates. and i've loved my iPod every day since then.

we need more people not afraid to take the plunge :)

pnw

4. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

lol I know about that... Can't wait for that new 970 to be on my desk, but I'll keep complaining until it is.

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

took one for the team...

and by team I hope you mean Macrumors Team Folding.
    heh, congrats on the purchase.

6. neut macrumors 68000

neut

me too

picked up a 867 at MacLife 3 weeks ago. my first laptop. it's fu*kin rad!

7. macktheknife macrumors 6502a

macktheknife

Wow, agreenster, you and I were in the same boat: I have a 550 TiBook, and I'm ready to upgrade. I understand your actions: I was very tempted to pick up the 1 Ghz model when my school's computer store offered a 1 Ghz TiBook with the works (plus 3 years of AppleCare!) for only $2,299. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view), the store ran out of stock, forcing me to exercise more patience.

You made a good choice, IMHO. You will be enjoying your super-fast 1 Ghz baby while I'll be dreaming about the 15 inch AlBook. :rolleyes:

8. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Congrats on your purchase! I picked up that model TiBook last november and I love mine. (And yes it does fold well.) Just stop checking out the laptop news for 6 months after you buy it and you will be happy. :D

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he...I wanted one when I first saw it...but then thought it was just too much for a portable...

I still have my 667 TiBook...but recently got a 17" iMac...and the difference is like night & day in some tasks...so I'm sure u will be just as pleased as I... ;)

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife is dreaming about a 12" TiBook, she went as far as filling out an order at apple.com. She wanted to see what the cost would be. Yesterday an Apple Consultant called her seeing what she needed. Since my wife was busy at her job, visiting nurse on her way to a patient, she said I will send you an E.Mail and then call you Monday to dicuss an order.

According to my wife, the consultant told her that there are some new deals available on Apple products. Anxiously wait to hear what she offers on Monday!

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

12. agreenster thread starter macrumors 68000

agreenster

Thanks for the support guys.....and Ill let you know my impressions when I get it in....

Until then!

13. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Re: I took one for the team...

...exactly! the aesthetics of the TiBook is the main reason (next to the power of the radeon...) while I'm still more than sadisfied with the PB I bought in november. it looks soooooooooo much cooler than the new AluBooks;) ;) ;) :D This speedy baby will give me company for years to come (and it still has a SE/30 as a companion so it's not alone ;) )!!!

I wish it had a backlit keyboard, though... but maybe someone develops a retrofit-kit someday, who knows...

congratulations to your purchase of this awesome machine:D

vollspacken

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that you are in a place to be of envy. You are young, bright, energetic, and your whole life ahead of you. Especially if the Conservative view prevails for our country! ;)

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

But...... I have no money...... no method of getting computers I
    want...... I AM NOTHING!!!!!! Sorry, my emotions were controlling
    me. :eek: ;) :D

Oh, and I'm not energetic, I am about as lazy as a person gets. :rolleyes: :D

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Just the fact that you post on Mac Forum says you are something. You have good ideas to contribute, please don't sell yourself short. You will have money once you are out of school. Everyone has to start somewhere, be patient! ;)

17. agreenster thread starter macrumors 68000

agreenster

ScemO

How is that 3D treating you? if I remember correctly, you are getting into 3D, right? Im hoping to use my new PB for some more Maya stuff, and to use at work when my box is busy rendering...

Plus, I think we'll use it to make the master copy of our DVD when it comes out....