Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
that bites, man, but c'est la vie.

make the best of it somehow. although i think the probability of finding a silver lining in that is basically nil...

Panoctopi

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
We feel your anguish... hope somehow this ends up better than it sounds right now... perhaps you should start a collection plate thread and see how many benefactors hang out on this forum... I'll throw in! :eek:

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
mcarnes

AcousticDoc said:
Well if you just got your power book...Can't you just call up your shipper person and say you received your powerbook in the condition it's currently in? It's not honest....but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Uh, ever heard of the word FRAUD ?

He would have to sign a statement saying the damage did not happen after delivery. Then FedEx or whoever will inspect the damage carefully and easily conclude it did not happen in transit.

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Tamer Brad said:
You put a $3200 computer on a balcony railing several stories up?
That was my first reaction, too.

I mean ... it really sucks, but wow. That's the *last* place I'd think to put my PB while I fetch a drink. Why not set it in the chair when you stood up?

In any case, I hope it works out. I dropped my PB (but only 3-4 feet) and was anguished.

tikibangout

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeh, no offense, but you shouldn't have placed it on there no matter what. Ah well, hope ya get a refund or something.

Now i'll be extra careful at taking care of my iBook. No one touches it but me.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Ahmed said:
:p :p :p :p Do u have Applecare? :p :p :p :p

Doesn't cover accidental damage.

Now, if he says he did this on purpose..
(kidding! don't pummel me!)

man, that must've been the Worst. noise. ever.
:(

Ahmed

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2005
am sorry 2 hear that , well u ll have to save up from a mactel now maybe ...

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
This is why i bought a PowerMac. I didn't really need the portability - and I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on! Big bummer - The only reason I'd do something like that is with the IBM ThinkPad which is from work - fully insured against anything!!

Why didnt u just place the thing on the floor?!

Do hope for your sake you did pay by credit card!

FireArse

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
1. Never place anything on the balcony railing no matter how wide.

2. Check with credit card company about purchase protection.

Keep us updated. If something like that happened to my upcoming PowerBook, I think that I would not be feeling good for a few months, years.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
If you used American Express, then they offer 90 day accident and theft protection.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
wow that has got to suck
sorry to hear that
well if you ever want to sell it, i'll still take it
it would be something cool i could hang from my cealing

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
MacMan4Ever, post a pic. Or else this thread is just a cruel joke playing on our worst fears.

Koree

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2004
Philadelphia
ouch........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ClarkeB

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2005
MacMan4Ever said:
I just got my BRAND NEW $3200 PowerBook this afternoon about 4 hours ago. So I get it all hooked up and running, and go sit out on my apartment balcony, im on the 2nd floor.
So im sitting in my patio chair, using the powerbook,when i decide to run in and grab a couple Pepsi's. So I look around for a place to set the PowerBook, see the table is covered with junk, so I set it up on the wide balcony railing.
Upon coming back out, im trying to juggle a glass and 3 pepsi's am halfway to my chair and i trip over the damn power cord! The power cord yanks out of the socket in the power book and the powerbook wobbles on the railing, and as i lunge for it, it topples off the railing to the concrete patio 2 storys below.
Now the aluminum is battered, dented, smashes, has bits of rock embedded in it. The screen is shattered and cracked in a million places, the whole bottom half is bent like a pretzel, the keyboards fell apart keys everwhere, its totally smashed and totalled!
im just about sobbing here, im about to kill myself! argh!!!

corywoolf said:
My bro's PB got mountain dew spilled on the keyboard within 30 days of purchase... It cost $1000 to repair and has never been as good as new ever since... applecare was immediatly voided due to liquid damage.

I guess that's just what happens when you drink pepsi products :( Next time, grab a Coke...the original cola.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Ouch
Sorry to hear about your accident :(
I was getting a real nauseated feeling reading your story, I really hope you did pay with CC or have some sort of renter/ home owner insurance.

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
bodeh6 said:
1. Never place anything on the balcony railing no matter how wide.

2. Check with credit card company about purchase protection.

Keep us updated. If something like that happened to my upcoming PowerBook, I think that I would not be feeling good for a few months, years.

How wide the balcony or how wide the object? I told my girlfriend the exact same thing and got slapped. :p

Sorry about you powerbook man. Do you have homeowners or renters insurance? Wonder if they would cover it? Might not cover all but maybe some of the cost of replacement.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
here's to hoping this guy is a nut and isn't serious about this accident and is actually posting in this forum on his 17" PB. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.