I-Tunes and Apple Support Sucks!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dross, Dec 31, 2004.

1. dross macrumors regular

dross

I am a huge Apple fan that is why I was upset so much by this. I purchased a U2 Ipod for my wife for Christmas and then was going to get her the compleat U2 on it. I went to the download it and nothing happend. I tried again and they said my coopon had already been used. Then I got the invoice for the music. I spent hours on the phone and no one can help me. I submitted their support form and no reply. Here is my latest submission:

"This is my fouth one of these. I have also called and no one can help me. The form says I would get a response in 48 hours - well it has been 6 days and no respones at all. This SUCKS for customer support.

I tried to purchase the "Complet U2" on Christmas and no download even started. But you took my coopon (for u2 ipod) and charged my credit card. How do I get what I paid for? I have downloaded other music both before and after this problem so I know it is on your end. The clock is tickint 144 hours and counting..."

Any one have any sugestion on how to get Apple off its ass?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    iTunes support are usually pretty good. I've had two problems with an album and each time they came back to me, sorted it and refunded the money.

I'd guess that at Christmas, they're likely working with a skeleton staff on the support side and trying to deal with the millions of people who got iPods. They will respond to you. In the meantime, I'd suggest that polite emails, rather than 'you suck' ones, will be more likely to get a faster response. Imagine that you're the poor support sod stuck at the other end, which email would you reply to first. ;) Send a mail, forwarding the invoice to them and a screengrab (which shows the screen name) of the purchased songs playlist with the U2 songs missing. Can you even see them greyed out?

I'm assuming that you've already tried the 'Check for purchased music' option in the menu? How long did you wait for the download to start? I'd imagine with that many songs to come down the wire, it might take some time to start?

3. dross thread starter macrumors regular

dross

I know they are bussy. They should have an auto reply or something to say "due to the holidays we are running a little longer... you should be contacted in ..." instead of letting the customer hang. It is common customer service 101.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I agree. That still doesn't mean you aren't partly responsible for the slow response time if you sent an impolite email. I wonder if Apple ever reads these forums sometimes.

5. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Check for Purchased Music

I'll second the question of - did you select "Check for Purchased Music" under the "Advanced" menu? The undownloaded songs should appear there, waiting to be downloaded. I had to restart a download of a couple of audio books (on Tuesday, I believe) a few times before the connection held long enough to get the books down.

I'll also have to second the idea of keeping the e-mails polite. If I'm a support person working with twice the traffic and half the staff at this time of year, I'd put a "you suck" e-mail in the "he can wait" pile. Imagine the vast number of people they're dealing with who are new to iTunes and iPod and aren't taking the time to get to know the apps before bothering support. An individual support person can only take one e-mail (or call) at a time for 8 hours. Whatever else is waiting in the server is beyond their control. If you need to vent, say something along the lines of "please inform your supervisors that they suck for not preparing for the after-Christmas rush". ;)

Enjoy!

6. dross thread starter macrumors regular

dross

They probably do not but they should.

My first three attempts were very nice. After a week I got testey.

7. Arcus macrumors 6502a

So did you look in the 'Check for Purchased Music' yet?

8. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

like everyone else is saying. go to "Advanced -> Check For Purchased Music", unless you already tried that

9. dross thread starter macrumors regular

dross

I tried that it says error 432 where the download date field is. When I do a check for purchaesd music it says i do not have any to download.

Oh well

I guess I will have to wait for Apple

10. dross thread starter macrumors regular

dross

I just got a reply from Apple. They decided to credit back my CC and reinstate my copon. I then went into Itunes and re-purchased it. It worked fine. It took a while but they did take care of me so I guess I should not have been so bitter.

11. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Glad it worked out--but I don't blame you for being bitter in the mean time!

iTunes support has been great for me, and pretty fast. (I needed to submit the customer service form once when a song came without album art... am I picky or what? :D They put a fresh copy in my Shopping Cart and the art was fine.) BUT if I had a bigger issue AND the promised 2 days turned into a week... I'd be pretty upset during that week.