I-Tunes MP3 Burning Help Please....

Discussion in 'iPod' started by edward-k, Jul 3, 2005.

1. edward-k macrumors member

Jun 19, 2004
    I am currently using Itunes 4.9(17) on a Dual 2.5. I am attemting to burn a playlist to a disk in mp3 format - on the internal drive. I have done this a while back without issue but for whatever reason it does not want to work now.

I have gone into preferences, burning, and selected mp3 cd. However when I attempt to burn the playlist to disk (using the burn icon on the upper right of the screen near the search field), I get the following error message "none of the items in this playlist can be burned to disk). I have tried this with differnt brands of CD-Rs. ALso tried it with playlists of purchased music, and with non-purchased, same problem. However, if I just burn it as a normal audio cd it works just fine?

I'm confused....I'm sure that I have done something wrong, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help. Ed
  2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2004
    Are you sure you're burning regular mp3s? And not AAC encoded tracks? Mine won't burn AAC tunes - protected or not. To find out highlight a song and click cmd - I. If so you're going to have convert them to mp3 (highlight all your songs choose Advance ->Convert to mp3)