I used to WANT problems...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by celebrian23, Jul 21, 2006.

1. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

For some reason I always wanted a computer with major problems. I thought it wuold be fun to have to send it in...and then that small possibility of getting a whole new computer! I take all that crap back. Now it's my reality and it sucks. What was I thinking? Who would've thought? My family has only owned PCs and only minor issues...I get a mac and it's falling apart :p

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

haha, i;d like sending computers in too, if i didnt have to back up ALL my data, and transfer it ALL back

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

How is it falling apart? Have you sent it in yet? :)

4. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Your all weird.
    You could always deliberately break them.

You say, "falling apart", do you mean physically or mentally?
    Nothing a little duck tape can't fix.

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I used to want problems too and for the same reason. I liked the idea that there was a possibility of me getting a new computer.

My problem ended up being that my hard drive failed. I lost everything.

6. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

The only problems I like are iPod problems. If my MacBook starts acting up i'm screwed. I REALLY REALLY need to back up my data, but me being 17 I have other things id rather spend my money on.

7. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Backup, runninmac. You'll regret it.

Just get a few DVD's and pop in a movie and back it all up on disks. :) You'll be glad you did... ;)

Andddd... you aren't 17 for another week, buddy. :D

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Close enough :D I guess I could wait another week and go get a rated R movie. :D Oh and I could ask for an external driver for my birthday, since I have no idea what I want.

9. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

i used to hate computer problems and tried to avoid computers, but once i got a little knowledge i helped people out and eventually i became a mac and pc tech and got paid for it...it was nice to conquer the machine but now i am ready to move onto something new

computers now, with xp or os x are so much less problematic in general than os 8 and windows 3.1 from the old days

10. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've never wanted problems but have had loads of them with pcs and only one problematic mac. My parents have an apple ][e that still works great, 3 other macs around the quadra 650 days that all still work great. Then my older sister's stupid school forced us to the dark side. The track record for pcs is 1 for 5. First hard drive failure on the first 700MHz pc, then broken in half lcd from dell laptop, then a Power supply failure from the next AMD Athlon XP 2500 pc, then motherboard failure on my intel pentium D 805 custom built pc and my dad's rarely used but perfectly working sony vaio laptop. Then I got my first mac all to myself which was a 14" iBook G4 1.33GHz and have had no problems whatsoever, but my intel iMac has had problems though.

11. celebrian23 thread starter macrumors 65816

celebrian23

by falling apart I mean it has so many problems it's scary how messed up this computer is. It scares me that a computer with this many problems could even be released. First, it's getting the logic board replacement for the deafening whine, secondly, it likely has a video card issue, and thirdly the hard drive could poop on me any second. I think my first and only kernel panic was a sign of bad things...

12. chrismccorkle macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

Sony's SilverKeeper. Let's just hope you don't have any bad node clusters on your hard drive... because once I backed up my drive, after trying to read those clusters, everything DIED.

DVDs and Toast! Titanium are the way to go.

13. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I do miss pretending I'm a IT Tech and reinstalling my OS every month or so. For the first few months of Mac ownership, I found myself searching for maintenance to perform. Now I'm enjoying actually being able to use the computer when needed!!!