I want a 2-button bluetooth mouse!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Atlasland, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Atlasland macrumors 6502

I want a beautiful 2 button bluetooth mouse with scroll dot. any chance of that happening???

2. Bear macrumors G3

Yes, there's a chance of it happening. Just don't ask when it might happen as nobody knows.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Scroll dot is a cool name for the scroll ball.

4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I really want a bluetooth Mighty mouse. I hope Apple comes out with it soon.

5. mpw Guest

Anything less then four clickable buttons and a clickable scroll wheel/dot with good ergonomics and I'll stick with my BT MS Intelimouse

6. Atlasland thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly.

7. Michael7k macrumors member

I'm with you on the mouse request. I use a MM at work and and Logitech at home. As you suggested an Apple Bluetooth with scroll dot and buttons would be so cool to work with.

8. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

The closest thing is a BT Wacom Tablet. 3 button with scroll

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i want the MX1000 by Logitech to go BT, that would be sweet!

10. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Then how would you charge it?

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

seperate charge station, that would be fine by me, so long as i didnt have to take it out with me and my powerbook, or batteries

12. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Considering the reg. mouse was 1/2 the price of the BT, does that mean if Apple comes out with a BT Might Mouse it will cost $100 :eek:
    It would be cool though.

13. theoddbird macrumors newbie

14. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

They use a cheap bluetooth chip in those MacMice from what I hear. Before the MM was released, I kept looking for reviews to convince me to buy one. I didn't find enough good stuff, but I found plenty of bad.

15. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

The MX1000 is meant to be a gamer's mouse, bluetooth mice dont respond quite fast enough for games. Although, I bet logictech could make a good one.

16. wattage macrumors 6502

wattage

I use a small Macally with my powerbook and love it, while it isn't a BT I still like it much better than the Apple mice. I think they are too long and bulky to use. I like a little shape to conform with the hand. Just my thoughts.

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

what exactly makes it a 'gamer's mouse' ?

i just like the feel of it, the button placement and the accuracy of the laser.
    i dont find a lag with me BT mouse as it is, i just dont like the design and offerings of anyone elses' at this point, and if the MX1000 would go BT that would be perfect.

18. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

I agree with you. I still can't understand why they were able to put BT in MX900 and not in MX1000. BTW, they have discontinued the MX900 and they don't have any reasonable BT mouse except those ugly and cheap portable kind.

19. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

20. generik macrumors 601

generik

21. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I've been using a Logitech MX900 for awhile now; it's a great mouse. Amazon still has em, and they can be found on ebay for around $50. It looks like Logitech's current BT mouse is the V270, but that's a notebook mouse.

From testing out the mighty mouse at the Apple Store, I'd take my MX900 over a bluetooth mighty mouse any day.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've been thinking about getting myself a MX900, would you recommend one? any downsides to it? i am assuming that it can connect directly to the computer correct? no need for anything else? and the base is used just for charging?

23. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

A bluetooth Mighty Mouse with a laser engine would be several steps above the MX1000/G7.

24. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Yep. I can't comment on the built in bluetooth in the base; I've always just used it for charging the mouse. I've got either a bluetooth dongle or built-in bluetooth on all my computers. Some people complain about not being able to use all the buttons on the mouse. You can map them to Expose/Dashboard no problem, but it's a pain to get them working for anything else. Haven't looked into it recently, so it may have changed. Other problem is no off switch, so if you use it for traveling it could easily suck through the batteries. But these two things are really an issue for me. I'd recommend it.

25. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

awesome, ill keep my eyes open on a deal for it then.

i just wanted to be sure that i didn't have to go through the base for connectivity. :eek: